just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, November 20, 2004

BREAK A LEG! OR how did I get sucked into this?

My two offspring are in the school's Fall play, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I was volunteered to help, and somehow became THE help.

But seriously, while it turn out to be a pretty big commitment of time/effort, I did enjoy helping out. The kids, 12th - 7th graders, are for the most part great. Some great talent here! I made the Witch's staff, Father Christmas's bag, a hat and tunic for the Elf, cut the Animal's ponchos and Witch's Army tunics (the fabric frays alot and was too fine to be sewn ... had to put a ton of Fray Block on them!), made the Dwarf's tunic and cape, shopped for fabric for other moms to sew costumes, made the Animals' ears, found the goblet and added jewels, and I don't know what else. I must say that the robes for the Witch and Centaur made by a friend, involved in children's theater here, are just wonderful, as is Aslan's tunic, made by a cast member's mom who is also a teacher here.

The next production will be the Spring musical, Lil Abner. Shoot me if I say "yes" to that!

lol

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Great costumes! Nice job! They're lucky to have YOU helping... At least The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a cool story.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Great photos of the cast. Of course I saw the play and the costumes were excellent. Outstanding. So were your offspring. They were both very, very good. So, score three for our gene pool.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

For your information, referring to us (or rather me; I can’t speak for both me and my sister) as your 'offspring' really disturbs me...though, it's not like that isn't your life mission...I'd rather be called a teenager then that! Anyhow, don't you have to ask permission before posting one's picture on the internet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home