just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit

I hope that 2010 proves to be a happy, healthful and peaceful year for everyone.

I haven't been posting much, but y'all have been on my mind. I guess that I've not done much here because of what's been going on with my life ... Since my Girls don't blog anymore (they're on Facebook, along with lots of their friends), I guess it's pretty safe to post almost anything on my mind.

ALMOST. I'm not going to go into detail, but I will share this with you, my blogging friends and family: my spouse of 24 years and I are calling it quits.

More accurately, I finally said that I was done. I'd been asking for years for him to go to counseling, which he refused (ironically, now he goes frequently). After years of depression that just got worse and worse, I came to realize that I just couldn't go on with this marriage.

Our Girls aren't happy, naturally. But they weren't especially surprised. They're now freshman in college (oh, where did the years fly off to?) at a university three hours away. They're doing very well - they both got straight A's their first semester.

So, for now Husband and I are still living in the same ol' house. Upstairs/Downstairs housemates. Doing this for the Girls, keeping the house for them to come home to. We'll see how long this can last.

Not sure what I'll do once the divorce is finalized. I have long had a longing to go back west, to where there are real mountains. Don't get me wrong, Pennsylvania is beautiful and has been a good place to live. But I'm just ready to go, go, go west. I'm thinking southern Colorado or northern New Mexico or Arizona, but haven't made any decisions.

So, that's my news. Hope you all are doing well.
later,
ddd

3 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hey, Dddragon. I hope it all works out for the best. Mountains don't suck.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

thx Doug!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope 2010 will be the start of new beginnings for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home