just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, June 24, 2005

More Bonnie . . .

I might be adding to this post as the day goes on and things come back to mind --

We parked in a parking garage a couple of blocks away from the Aquarium. When we came down the elevator, it turned out to be the parking for a hotel and some offices. Mom asked about public restrooms and the reception/security person said that there weren't any, but that the Renaissance Hotel across the way did have them. Sooo we walked over to find 'em. As we walk into the lobby, mom sez to me "let's just pretend we're guests" so when I see an employee I sez "Where are the restrooms down here?" Mom gives me a wink ~ ain't I a clever child?

Anyway, the restroom has a brass plaque that states that the restrooms are for guests and employees only. This bothers Kiddie A and Aunt Bonnie. Oh, well, there's no one else there, it's still early and we'll be quick -- right? Of course, other women came in. Bonnie promptly lets them know that we are NOT guests of the hotel by saying "We're just passing through." I just smile.

Also heard the Lost Eyeglasses story from Bonnie. How she was in such a fluster that she left the house without putting on makeup. She knows she wore the glasses to drive to the airport. But she went to the restroom to put on makeup, and that's where she thinks she left them. She called home, and Cousin Bobby said that they weren't there (well, didn't she say that she knew she wore them to drive to the airport?). She had the empty eyeglass case in her purse, she said. But no glasses. Called the airport, but no one had them there - "Who would take a pair of eyeglasses?" So I asked about the glasses that she's been wearing today. Turns out that they're mom's reading glasses. Bonnie said that she would call her eye doctor to see if the prescription could be sent up here so that she could get another pair here. Well, um, Bonnie, you've been here a week already, I'm not sure that you'll get them in time to really make it worth it ...

BTW, Uncle has stopped answering the phone. Bonnie is calling the neighbors to make sure that everything is okay.

Lest you think that I am an awful Niece ... well, yes, I guess I am. But I do dearly love Bonnie. In small doses.

6 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I had an aunt that after she saw a movie she would have to sit there and tell us every detail of what happened and we could not figure how to nicely get her to stop.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

lol. Kiddie A will repeat things line-for-line, even if we were right there with her and saw/heard it, too. I'll even say "hello? we were there!" and she'll smile and keep on going.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I'll be buying the new glasses for her you know. I mean, obviously I'm at fault because I invited her up here. She wouldn't have lost the glasses if it weren't for me. That's okay, I don't mind that much. It's better that the thought of her driving without them.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Fred said...

And when the neighbors stop answering the phone?

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

We all have those people in our lives we could love freely and generously if they would just stay 500 miles away and not have a telephone.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Bonnie is a trip, all right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home