just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Random Reports of Snow

I know that no one really keeps track of how often the weather people correctly forecast the weather -- we are much more likely to remember when they're wrong than right. However ...

A few days ago they thought that we might get two to four inches of snow. We got SIX.

Now they say that the current storm is "tricky" and we might get between two and EIGHT inches. That's a pretty big difference. We'll probably get zilch.

Of course, it still means that everyone will be running to the grocery store to get milk and bread. What's up with that? And since we need to get a gallon every other day, this means I have to deal with all those milk-and-bread horders.

ROFL

On a completely different note, I think that I might actually watch the Oscars tonight, if only to see if all the hype about Chris Rock was worth it. Taking a look at the nominees, we've seen none of the ones for Best Actress, Actor and Picture. We've seen the three for Animated Feature, one for Art Direction (actually, Kiddie B saw a second one from that group).

Gee, the more I look over the list (print off your own ballot at http://www.oscar.com/images/pdf/printballot_2005_5b.pdf), we've seen precious little: The Incredibles, Shark Tale, Shrek 2, Lemony Snicket... , Harry Potter... , Spider Man 2, and Kiddie B saw Phantom of the Opera with a friend. Can you tell we've got kids and don't get out often?

another ROFL. Good thing my tastes run toward the juvevnile!

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, the weather reports are frustrating. I've heard everything from a dusting to 12 inches! Oh well. It'll be what it'll be.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger TLP said...

The only ones we've seen that have a nomination of any kind are "Kinsey," "Sideways," and "Phantom of the Opera." They were all enjoyable. I want to see several of the others, but can wait to see them on DVD I guess. If we hadn't gotten sick we would have seen several of them by now. I especially want to see "Million Dollar Baby," and "Hotel Rowanda." Well, and "Finding Neverland" also.
I guess I'm hoping that it doesn't snow this time. I enjoy seeing it, but I know that it's a pain for many people.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Hey! We actually did get snow!

It's pretty too. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home