just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Laughing All the Way

First, in case you haven't already, visit TanLucyPez and catch up on what she was up to on Monday.

I've posted in the past about our groundhog woes. We caught one earlier this year after leaving the "have a heart" trap for a week. In the past we've always caught them and then taken them to a large park that has a semi-wild section that borders the Conodoquinet Creek.

We found that another one had moved in under the shed out back. The shed seems to attract 'em just about every year, but this year they have proven difficult to catch. The first one we caught this year would actually spend long periods of time sitting right next to the trap, taunting us. Like that.

This one wouldn't go near the trap. Even when my DH would seem to block every hole around the shed and leave one open that would lead into the trap, that darn groundhog would avoid it somehow.

I just spotted it eating the seed mess that the birds leave under the birdfeeders. He's lookin' pretty fat. He's got a good thing going.

Gus the Groundhog for the PA Lottery

And if you'd like to get a good thing going, visit Gus, the Groundhog Spokeshog for the PA Lottery. He's on tv commercials that show fairly frequently around here.

Scratch away!

11 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

In the early days of the Lottery in England, we had a fortune teller called 'Mystic Meg'. She never got the right numbers.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Ha! You're being taunted by a groundhog, just like in Caddyshack!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aral, Willie is Bill Murray from that movie. I had a mole move into my vegetable garden and Willie dug a trench trying to catch it that was so deep, I couldn't see him until I almost stepped on him. All I could see were puffs of dust popping in rhythm from the ground.

Dddragon, you coulda told!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Marti said...

LOL! Caddyshack was the first thing that popped into my mind too!

(Careful with the explosives if you go that route ~snort~ LOL)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Fred said...

We opened the garage a few weeks ago and found a possum hanging around. We tried to get near it, and the thing hissed and showed us quite a few teeth. So, we left the garage door slightly open that evening, and off it went. Whew!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I guess those buggers are smart.
When we had a mouse infestation. I actually saw a mouse hop OVER a trap. What's with these rodents?!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you and your daughter are feeling better. I don't want you to have any more "sympathy" pain. Take Care and drink warm fluids.
I was at the doc's and the hospital nearly ALL day and now I'm back at my hotel. My hubby gets here late tonight and I have surgery tomorrow morning.
I'll be back to posting at my site and visiting my internet "pen pals" by Monday.
Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Why can't you just leave the groundhog alone? What can a furry little critter really do?

But if you DO trap the critter, I have an idea. Give it a sedative and slip it to TLP so that she can leave it in "somebody's" bed.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

My friend had skunks move in under her chicken coop. They kept stealing the eggs and killing the chicks. Fortunately they weren't as smart as your little friend. The traps worked just fine. He sounds like a very happy little guy, what with all that bird seed!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

Iguana - we just relocate them. Others around here hire a "professional" who kills them. Actually, the pros are required by law, I think I read, to kill "pests" when they catch them.

The groundhogs borrow into our veggie garden and elsewhere and generally wreck havoc in our yard. Normally I leave the critters alone.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Confession time...I absolutely adore groundhogs! I have always admired those residents of PA when they see PP stick his head up for air!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You get very big hams offa those kind of hogs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home