just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hear the Band

this is an audio post - click to play


The quality ain't so good - it IS a cellphone, after all. In the beginning there isn't any music - you can hear me say so! - and the sound of the tempo keeper is pretty loud. The kids are moving the whole time. I'm not very close, either (complain, complain, don't I?). There was a good bit of stopping to let the director or staff give direction or say something to the kids.

Today Goa'uld was the first to reach "Second Tier" for Ode to Joy, which means that she knows the music and movements by heart. Mr.Z was very pleased and came outside to tell me the news (I was in the van waiting for the end of school.)

When Goa'uld came out later and I told her about Mr.Z, she said, "yeah, a trombone player was first!"

I said "hey a freshman beat the seniors!"

"oh, yeah" she laughed.

13 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Wow, the music reminds me of my days in highschool, cool crisp air, the smell of apples, wearing jeans and sitting in the bleachers gossiping with friends.

Thanks for the memories!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

I had to wait until the band was done to come home to the PC to write this up. lol, I was writing the post while you commented, Saur!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Good for Goa'uld! Nice.

Word verifier: clftnotz: Cliff Notes.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Go Goa'uld, go! Hey, that's pretty cool... Sounds good. I like it!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

Very cool. That sounds like a lot of fun!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Brilliant! The commentary was a nice touch. Boy, the brass section in that band is awesome. The trumpet and trombone, especially.

My secret ambition is to learn to sing Ode to Joy. I get as far as "Heiligtum" and then it's pretty much ba-ba-bump-bump-ba-be-ba" from there.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

They sound great! Congrats Goa'uld!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Congratulations to The Brain, SimbaG.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Marti said...

Just wanted to say hi!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yowza!

I heard the metronome, you laughing, and the band! They sound awesome, dddragon!

can you believe I could access the sound. (still unable to post pictures, however.)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Way to go! Keep showing those seniors up.
Hard work pays off.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Fred said...

The link wasn't working for me yesterday; it's working now. They sound great!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

Thanks everyone! And actually the song is just "Joy", not "Ode to Joy"...:-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home