just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, November 06, 2005

This 'n' That, too

The wind here has come up rather suddenly and there is some pretty spectacular lighting. I can hear a siren from one of the two fire stations that we're between. The TV screen shows a Thunderstorm warning in the corner of the screen. So I'll be quick in case the power goes off.

The Chapter IV Championship was a disappointment for my two musicians (Bookworm and Goa'uld). We parents keep telling the kids that it's the score and not the placement, but once again our band came in last in their group size. However, the Band Director wanted them to get a score of 87 or higher, and they got a 87.95. They need to be in the top 25 for Group III in order to go to the Atlantic Coast Championships next weekend. We'll find out tomorrow if they made it.

And another update on Chatham. He more for breakfast than he has for several months. Right now he's at my feet asking for an early dinner.

C'est Chic has a nice post about my sister Actonbell!

Okay, now it sounds like things are hitting the screens on our windows. I'm off!

ADDENDUM: the storm just brushed by us, the worst is to our east. Just finished watching The West Wing. I tried to log onto www.nbc.com to vote for a winner of the "live debate" that they had tonight, but, of course, their website won't come up. I'm sure they're getting slammed right now.

BTW, Bookworm came down to say that she's posted.

5 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger TLP said...

We saw the lightning on the way to our COUCH meeting at church. Awesome. Over in the Annville area I think. The wind really picked up but it never rained.

Off to read the granddaughter blog.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Lila said...

We had thunder and lightening too. I actually like storms.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Whew - this was a short post, but all those links had me hopping around to check out everyone else.

This time of year, the rain stops down here until March or so.

Hope all is well, sorry I'm so busy nowadays to check in...

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I can't wait to get over to Mireille's site. Remind the girls that they have three more years of High School (you already have, haven't you.) I'm rooting for them this year, though.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That sure was bad weather. We are near Cincinati, but the tonados missed us and hit Ky and Indiana. Too close. Several were killed. Scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home