just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Piety and Politics


Last night I went to a Planned Parenthood dinner event with sister Actonbell and her husband. The Rev. Barry W. Lynn was the speaker and I really enjoyed listening to him. Wish that I had brought my checkbook, I would have liked to have gotten a copy of his book Piety and Politics. (and I still might, dagnabit)
On the way to the event, Actonbell told me that a "Barry" had commented on her blog, thanking her for plugging his book. She was sure that it wasn't the REAL Barry Lynn. So I went over to his table and asked him. Indeed, it was he that had visited her blog and he came over to meet Actonbell. And stayed for a little visit. He's really a very nice guy, and easy to talk to and listen to. The next time he's in the area (and he's a native of Pennsylvania) I'll have to go and listen again.
Who is the Rev. Barry W. Lynn? He's the Executive Director for Americans United for the Separation of Church and State. More bio info is here.

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Incidentally, I saw the world premiere of the final episode of Stargate SG1. A fitting finale.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's a good thing to do. I think I'll order his book. Piety's my favorite peeve.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"United for the Separation..."

Oxymoron?

Your sister echoes your comments about the Rev. Lynn, by the way.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Wow! That is cool. I need to plug more stuff on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home