just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Iced

These icicles were firmly attached to both van and ground
I spent many hours yesterday chipping away at ice on our driveway and sidewalk. Shouldn't have. Hours later my arms and hands were extremely painful - only my gall bladder attack pain was worse. I'm going to have to take it easy with things for a couple of days.

one of these icicles is more than three feet long
Here the ice on a little-used door handle starts to slide off.

I was prompted to try and clear the ice because I slipped and fell on Friday night - I knew I would eventually because I was slipping everytime I went out to the van.

EVERYthing has ice on it somewhere!
We don't have any snow anymore ... oh, it LOOKs like snow, but it's more than six inches of solid ice. Anyone here can attest to that.

5 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Yes, be careful honey.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Sorry you're in pain and that you've had a fall. Sounds dangerous!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

What about those propane torches on a pole things? Those have to be able to melt ice without the hacking and chipping and stuff.

I would call in sick till spring.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

The squirrel out back kept slipping and sliding on the tree branchs

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee whillikers, lady. Take it easy. Everything should be fine by April.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home