just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Gross Photo Weekend

On Friday, I had an Esophagogastroduodenoscopic procedure (EGD) because I had been having some trouble swallowing and an irritating cough that interferred with work and sleep. A barium swallow test several weeks ago showed that I had a minor case of reflux, and the doctor wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything else going on.

Turns out that there is nothing wrong with my esophagus (which means that the irritation causing the coughing is probably reflux and sinus drip), but there is an inflammation in the lower portion of my stomach.

The duodenum is the part of the digestive system beyond my stomach, the antrum is the lower part of the stomach that has the inflammation. The doctor has sent samples off to a lab to see what's up.


This past week I started physical therapy for my bad back disks - if it works, then I can avoid surgery. The deteriorating lumbar disks are pinching the nerve going down my left leg. The neurosurgeon is a family friend, so I would trust him if it came to that.

And I saw my regular doctor on Friday, too. I felt like my antidepressant wasn't working anymore. So he's increased it some, and told me that I should get one of those lamps for those with Seasonal Affected Disorder. This is almost funny, considering how warm this winter has been so far. It was in the upper 60 degrees here in southcentral Pennsylvania today. I guess, however, that the short, grey and rainy days have taken their toll on me.

7 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Well, thanks for the charming pix. Those are shots that only your mother could love.

You are lovely inside and out.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Truly. I'm sure I'm black and crusty on the inside, although my stomach works grandly.

I do hope you feel better shortly.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool photos!

Ill box up some Florida sun and ship it off to you. That will help. I would suffer from "no sun disorder" too. but I have extra sun now - plenty to share.

By the way, those lamps do work. I understand they are common in places close to or beyond the Arctic Circle.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those real photos of YOU? Fascinating. I hope the lamp does you good! Maybe with its help, you won't need more antidepressant? That would be convenient:)

I'll send you good vibes~~~~hope the back therapy goes well!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yummy!

I hope you feel better very soon! And antidepressants rock, really.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrrrrgh. I'm blog hopping... and just popped in here and thought you'd stolen the pictures off my dresser.

Please stop by and see that I've linked you today -- as part of my first Blog Hopping adventure.

Nice to meet you!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Okay, get this ugly thing replaced with something pretty.

Don't make me come over there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home