just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Random Photo Weekend


Well, the doctor's office left a message that the inflammation in the lining of my stomach "... didn't have the bacteria that he was looking for...". So I think I need to call them next week and find out what that means. The good news is that it means no cancer or anything else scary.

Chatham's news isn't so good. While his liver function has improved, his kidneys have worsened. The Vet says that he is now in moderate renal failure. His kidneys will never get better, so our goal is to keep him at this level and not get worse. We have a new medicine (I mean it's a medicine that's newly out) to try and will be hydrating him twice a day now. There are other positive things - he still has an appetite (and doesn't throw it up), can still make it to the litter box (well, mostly) and bosses us around all the time (yes, we know what he's saying).

Today's photo is of our other cat, Salem from last spring. He's a goofy cat.

12 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lila said...

I'm sorry to hear Chatham is so sick.

Nice picture of Salem...

Hope your stomach gets better!

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm relieved to hear that you don't have cancer! Hope you feel better. And hope Chatham feels better soon, too!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger TLP said...

The doctor was looking for H. pylori which is what causes many, if not most, ulcers.

I was glad when you called to say it isn't cancer. That of course was my big worry.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's good to know about the cancer; sorry that Chatham is unwell.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

whew! so glad to know your news was good! your mom is right about the H. pylori -- not only does it cause ulcers, it's also responsible for severe heartburn.

as for Chatham? SO very sorry to know he's not well -- that said, our own beloved cat (who's nearing 20) was diagnosed with renal failure over a year ago, and is still going strong, thanks to those subcutaneous fluids and a steady diet of Science Diet K/D (which he goes through like crazy, but what the heck, at least he's eating).

here's hoping you're both feeling better, soon! xox

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had all the tests for my serious acid reflux (which has not been going on for over 2 years).... and the nurse told me maybe I just needed to chill out.

My Acid started with a BANG with about 32 hot flashes per day. Somehow I think there is a corelation.


Sorry about your kitty, chatham. Our cat from the animal shelter has turned out to be 'goofy' -- too. She picks a different place to sleep every week. It's like clockwork. Where is tessy sleeping this week? we always say when we get home from work on monday.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm trying to think of a more ambiguous announcement than "you don't have the bacteria we were looking for."

I hope you feel better soon and Chatham keeps calling the shots.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with cats eating stuff they HAVE TO know they will just puke up later?

ONE of the cats here ate part a shoe string. I am still trying to figure that out.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got encouraging news, sorry the kitty didn't.

Best wishes - I believe in miracles!

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dios mio! I have been out of the loop and so I have tried catching up on your medical news and am relieved and oh so happy to hear that there is no cancer to be had! Phew indeed!

As for Chatham, I am sorry to hear about the news... I know many who have cats with the same problems who have been able to lead long and fabulous lives so here's wishing the same for your Chatham!

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well get him to tell you what kind of bacteria he's looking for and maybe the rest of us can scare some up.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Uh...you missed a weekend honey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home