just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow & Ice


We finally got "significant" snow. While the actual amount on the ground is probably not more than six inches or so, the top couple of inches are icy snow and ice. It took me about 30 minutes to get my van cleared enough (for me) to drive to work (not far).

Very few people made it into work at the Call Center. The Navy Depot where Nod works was closed today, as were all the schools (ours was the last to go from delay to closed early this morning.) When I left work after four hours, my van was completely incased in ice (see photo!) and it took a while to get a door open so that I could start the engine and get the defrosting going. As I left for the day, the Center Director decided to close at 3 pm and to open late tomorrow.

When I got home, the list of business closures on tv was extensive - it's running along the bottom of the tv screen thru all shows and commercials now (and it's so long that it's quicker to check online).


Now our girls are checking and hoping that there is a delay tomorrow for school, but not a closure. That'll cut into spring break days off later on this year.

9 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, we finally had a real snow too. It's actually a fair amount.

I hope the girls get their delay!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The psychic rodent was wrong again!

I think I would not show up to work if my vehicle were covered in ice. I am a tropical kind of dude. That much ice is something I can not deal with.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger TLP said...

The girls got a closing instead of a delay. Kids just don't know how to have fun these days. A closing used to be an answer to a prayer.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's a van?

You and I both know Goa'uld isn't really hoping for a delay. She's probably hoping they'll start school an hour early due to frost.

You stay warm, though!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

My office was insisting everybody in, despite our weather.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Minka said...

aww.......a fmailiar side. I get to clean my car for 20 minutes almost every morning. Soemtimes, if the snowfall has been extreme, I start getting the snow of the car with a broom until I relaize it is my neighbours car......I am really well liked in my neighbourhood. I have a crappy memory when it comes to where I parked :)

have some hot chocolate though!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

It's too cold to poop out there.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I just want to point out that I requested SNOW. That other stuff that came after it was someone else's idea.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

it took our kids a couple of years to realize that "snow days" were not the "blessings" they seemed. hope the school closings were kept to a minumum, and that you're all thawed out, dry and WARM!

and Happy (late) Valentine's Day -- i'm just latelatelate to everything these days. hope yours, tho' white, was lovely! neva xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home