just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"Proof that Shat is a Benevolent God"


Today I am a Guest Commentator on SciFiDaily, a blog devoted to Science Fiction, and especially to the revered William Shatner. Pretty much any excuse is used to include him: Shat Happens, Invasion Iowa (future birthplace of Capt. James T. Kirk), Rocketman and Tamborine Man as performed by Shatner, his official website and lots of their commentaries are sprinkled with references to him.

Aral, do you remember that I sent you that autograph of his?


ADDENDUM: Because SciFi Daily has retired, I'm posting what they did here:



The following is a guest post from SciFiDaily reader Della Hoke, who offers her story in reverence to this blog's divine leader.

During the early 1980s, William Shatner starred in the TV police drama, T.J. Hooker. One day, while filming in the Valencia/Newhall, Calif., area, he and co-stars Heather Locklear and Adrian Zmed stopped in at a local restaurant during their lunch break. Students from the nearby arts college, California Institute of the Arts (www.calarts.edu), were among the varied diners, many of whom recognized Shatner. Seated at a nearby table, I gathered enough courage to ask him for an autograph. Unfortunately, the actors’ meal had just arrived, so Shatner asked, "Do you mind if we eat first?" Feeling foolish and rude, I returned to my table. Some time later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw William Shatner standing behind me. He asked: "Do you still want that autograph?"

How many actors actually go to the autograph seeker? The Mighty Shat is a benevolent and generous god!




5 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I'm impressed!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Shat rules! I love the show Boston Legal. It hasn't been on the past few weeks, so I'm wondering what's going on with that. Shatner is so good in it.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yup, I still have it and all the other autographs you got me. :-)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Pratt said...

I saw a documentary a few years ago where they followed Shatner back to Canada to where he grew up and got his start. It was a nice look at his early days as an actor including him doing a film in Esperanto.

Love his work with Ben Folds.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Lila said...

He did work with Ben Folds? I love Ben Folds! I must hear this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home