just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, October 24, 2005

The Ears Have It




This image is from The Way to Eden, a third season Star Trek (classic) episode. Dr. Sevrin had the ears to beat all ears. When I was a kid, my Trekker friends and I would call 'em "cauliflower ears."

Howz that, AP3?

btw, a young Charles Napier played one of the "hippies" in this episode.

I have tried the gun-shop ear plugs like my doctor recommended and they do block out most noise. They're hard to get in properly, and they sort of irritate my ears, unfortunately. I am finding that I do fall asleep faster with them on. I'm still waking up around 2-2:30 am, however.

11 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Glad the plugs help. Lots of folks wake up during the night. What is helpful is to NOT start planning the day ahead when you wake.

My girls are nuts over ears? Where did I go wrong?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Hey, that's my father-in-law!

I use ear plugs all the time. They work wonders for me - glad they're helping you.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, let's see... Do you take off your Dr. Sevrin ears before you go to bed?

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That was a great episode. I still remember the ears. He had a disease. right?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

TLP: I'm not nuts over ears, just reacting to AP3

Doug: yup, he did.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Lila said...

AAAAAAAACK! Those are horrifying NIGHTMARE ears!

Ick ick ick ick ick

I do love Star Trek's use of ears. Good show.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Ewwwww

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Dddragon, I used to use those earplugs driving farm machinery. You get used to them after awhile but the best part is you won't need q-tips.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You are really trying to show Aral up by posting those ears!

My hubby has trouble sleeping. He has tried a few different sleep aids from the doc. He is using a new one and it seems to be working for him. I know it is hard for anyone to functin well without a good night's sleep.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Julia Reffner said...

I've been having quite a bit of trouble sleeping for the last six months now too. Unfortunatly most of mine has been infant induced. The earplugs sound like an absolutly great idea.

The Lumpy

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

they look like some lumpy leftover clay after being at a pottery class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home