just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Minor Moans and BASIP

I'm too tired from being a Band Mom (our football team beat James Buchanan HS, 27 to 7) last night, and tonight the Band has a TOB in Williamsport. Last night was a 2 hour drive to Mercersburg, tonight is an hour and a half in the opposite direction. Luckily, another mom offered to drive tonight. We got to bed around midnight last night. Tonight our Band doesn't even get on the field to perform until 10:08 pm! We'll be getting home around 1 am Sunday.



Dear sister AP3 posted her BASIP and Tim Curry was the runner up, tho' not the album I have pictured. I actually own Fearless, tho' none of my LPs have seen the light of day or the point of a needle since my Kids were about 2 years old and started to pull cords.

Well, I get to do some other fun stuff, like pretending to clean house.

later!

11 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

As I'm from England, this was all rather puzzling to me.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think sometime in the 1940's someone predicted that by 2000 robots would be doing the cleaning. So, how does it feel to star in that movie?*

*("I, Robot")

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lila said...

That's a great album cover. You should put it on the ol' turntable and rock out!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger TLP said...

You guys are LIVING the band. It's amazing.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I remember a scene from the movie Carny where Tim Curry and Robbie Robertson are fighting over Jodie Foster. Kind of puzzling, really.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger thc said...

Our turntables never made it out of their moving boxes and they're still in the garage...six years later. Don't you miss the pops and crackles of LPs, even a little bit?

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Captain, I'll have to post something explaining all these odd American happenings!

Hoss - I got a kiss from the author of that book on my 21st birthday.

AP3, yes, I should dig it out. Just don't know where I'd put it - there isn't a clear space in this house!

Just call me a band mule, TLP

Doug, haven't seen that one, I'll have to look it up. Does sound odd!

THC - yes, I do. I've alot of LPs that I'm not in a hurry to replace - after all, I've got the music and the turntable, why buy CDs?

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

"Records? What are records?" my kids ask...

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

You should definitely get out your turntable, wipe off those records and play them a bit. I miss records, the feel and sound of them cannot be matched. My father used to have a reel to reel tape deck which he played continuously. I have it now and intend to set it up eventually.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Busy, busy, busy...

Today was a day of doing laundry. Such fun!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, I remember those busy days of driving from one water polo game to the other, to orchestra practice, soccer games, etc. The kids, DO appreciate it, even if they do not say so, but it can fill up the hours of the day quickly.

Happy birthday to Nod!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home