just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Happy Anniversary

Today is the 20th anniversary of my marriage to my dear husband, Nod Donald Duck Pez. (LOL).

My (woman) Unitarian minister officiated along with my husband's Catholic priest at his church. The organist (who we had known in high school and was a wonderful singer) said it was the most interesting ceremony he'd been to. I don't remember a whole lot of it - other than Father Waldron forgot to have us kiss after proclaiming us husband and wife - but apparently my minister said something along the lines of "don't forget you are individuals" while Father said "when two become one..."

Nod was so pale that mom offered him rouge. Beforehand I was so nervous that I thought that I was going to throw up. But once I started walking I felt okay.

My one relief is that I was thin for my wedding. I didn't think alot about getting married when I was growing up, but because I had a weight problem, I did fear that I'd be a fat bride.



Last Sunday at church, I was asked how I got to be married for so many years. I answered that it passed by so quickly that I didn't have time to think about it.

This year, Nod had said that we shouldn't buy each other anything, money being tight and all. So, what does he do? This morning I came downstairs and found a wonderful photo memory book that he had put together - swell, he went and did something incredibly creative - and cheap. And then to make things worse, roses arrived at work. Better and better, what a heel I am! When am I ever going to learn?!

Ya see, I had gotten him socks.

Lots of socks.

On sale.

With a coupon.

Years and years ago he complained about not having enough socks. I pointed out that there were baskets of clean (and unfolded) laundry and that there were sure to be some socks. He grumbled and headed for the shower. While he was showering, I went thru the laundry and all his drawers and put together every sock pair that I could find.

How many, you ask?

78 pairs. Including a bunch that were clearly from his high school days.

I confronted him with the mountain of socks. Told him I didn't want to hear anymore complaints about socks.

Of course, that didn't work. He still is always lookin' for socks. Now he's got sixteen more to lose.

Happy Annivesary, Nod, and many, many more.

12 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Happy, Happy! 78 pairs, eh? Wow. Sounds like he needs to purge some of the old ones... makes it easier to find the new ones. :-)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger the many Bs said...

You have a very sweet husband. Happy anniversary and congratulations! It's not easy to make it to 20 years.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's a great post and a great photo. I can absolutely imagine TLP offering a groom rouge.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Wow - that's a bunch of socks. Lovely pic. Happy Anniverary to you guys!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary to you!!
You were and still are a lovely lady.
Your husband is clearly sock impaired.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

Happy 20th, Nox and Jaffa!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Two words: Sock Monkey. Find out how to make'em.

Hope the day was happy.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful ... congratulations! Wish you and Nod many many more happy years (and socks) together

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Here is to another 20! (takes a shot of gin)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Wonderful story. Again Happy Anniversary, you made a beautiful bride.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I adore you. What a wonderful post. And I'm the same sappy romatic that you are...socks...good one!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Blueberry said...

Happy Anniversary, and isn't it more fun to be non-traditional? I looked up the traditional gift list and the 20th is for china. I think socks are a lot cozier, more comforting, and a lot warmer. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home