just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Jesustainment



The current weather system must be causing a barometric pressure change - I've got a migraine now. One of my favorite remedies is to take a couple of pills and lay down in front of the television and fall asleep (especially since Goa'uld and Bookworm have gotten off PS2 and it's quieter).

Flipping thru the stations, I stopped at Bravo TV, which is running a show titled Great Things About Being a Red State. The count was down to the last five or so. Number Two inspired me to get up and post.

Apparently Jesus as Entertainment is big in the Red States. Who knew? And something called Christian Comedy is big. One described it as comedy without the cuss words, but then they showed a clip of a comedian who incorporated Jesus into his routine:

Jesus was the manifestation of God, right? He was the Lord God Almighty for 33 years on Earth. But he only talked about it for the last three, right? {dramatic pause} Don't ya think his friends might have noticed SOMETHING?! (This isn't word-for-word, but fairly close.)

Oh, and the Number One Great Thing about being a Red State? Elvis, of course? Could you ever doubt it?

If you have cable and get Bravo, check your local listings. The Great Things About Being ... series continues this afternoon, and the Red State version is showing again later on. I'll have to record it to get the full list, I'll post it later.

13 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Logophile said...

Jesus was the king of the Jews, right?
And Elvis was the king....hmmmm
Those darn red state people are harboring secret monarchist tendencies!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Cade said...

I like Bravo a lot. Nice mix of really different shows. I have never heard of either of those shows, though. But I'll stay tuned.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Not so secret, Ariella.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger TLP said...

The best thing about the Red states is...nothing comes to mind.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Lila said...

I love Jesustainment, as I think you know.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Cool blog...I jumped over from Fred's because I see you on a bunch of different blogs and just needed to know who you are. I'll be sure to visit again.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

My friend Stacie just came back from Graceland (it's a long story, she had to take her mother-in-law) anyway she said that it was a very "trailer park meets Dynasty". 70s feel, mirrored walls, white round fur bed. She said that Elvis had the taste of a pimp.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Fred said...

The only thing I really watch on Bravo is Inside The Actors Studio. One of my favorites was when they had the actors who are the voices behind The Simpsons. It was really neat to finally see the faces behind the animated characters.

TLP: You're forgetting all the wonderful bloggers in the Red states. :)

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

m.c. pearson - goodness, you've got three blogs! I've peeked at them before, I'm impressed.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger mireille said...

yeah. riveting. xoxo

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

The Devil likes that.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Yeah, they take their Jesus and their Elvis very seriously around here. Even when they are joking about it! I've never been to Graceland but I'm sure I'd get a laugh out of it. Thanks for the viewing tip, I'm gonna check it out!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Whhaaatttt? I've never heard such garbage. Blech.

Thank goodness I live in a purple state. It saves us from the idiots on either side. Although you can't tell by many of our elected officials...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home