just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Happy Happy Birthday Hoss!

Yes, it is yet again Hoss's birthday, and here's the reason:

I was born at 2 a.m. Oct. 2, 1930. My birthday is Oct. 1. See, all my life my Mom told me I was born on Oct. 2, so that's what I always used, and the date I got on my Social Security records. Howsomeever, the delivery doctor had been up all night deliverin' kids and he was still on October 1, mentally. So that's what he put on my birth certificate. I only found this out about 14 years ago, when I inherited the certificate. But it doesn't matter, because I can celebrate my birthday any day I want. Nobody said I couldn't. (this is from here.)



So, enjoy a second day of celebration, Hoss!

And since Actonbell likes to share the birthdays of famous people (usually literary), here's a list of people who are lucky enough to share Hoss's:

October 1
Julie Andrews
Richard Harris
George Peppard
Jimmy Carter James Whitmore
Walter Matthau

October 2
Don McLean
"Spanky" (George McFarland)
Bud Abbott
Groucho Marx
Mahatma Gandhi
Johnny Cochran

8 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Hey, your birthday is your thing! You can drag it on for days, start a week or two beforehand of reminding people that you day is coming up and for the really crazy ones, invent a half-birthday and make your best friends give you presents. Never happened...

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

OK, my brother is way more important than George Peppard. Just sayin'

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Yeah. Hoss has the whole market cornered on Birthdays.

He's so popular with the ladies that he could have a birthday every day.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That's me all over: Groucho "Bud" Gandhi.

Thanks for the mention, Sweetheart. I will try to remember you in my will, maybe give you one of the gold teeth out of my jar.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger the many Bs said...

Yes, Hoss is quite a fellow - two birthdays! Only really special people get TWO. I'm jealous.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Hoss... I can't believe that crazy ol' coot has TWO birthdays! ;-)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Okay, this whole family needs to post a family tree on someone's blog, because I'm just plain confused most of the time. (Please include ALL pseudonyms.)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

He shares a b-day with Spanky! I LOVE Spanky!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home