just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, September 23, 2005

The Band, Part Tweet

Warning: the Audioblogger recording just below this post is PRETTY LOUD. Keep your volume down to start with. Remember that this is recorded over a cellphone connection. And know that I was sitting WAY TOO CLOSE - I'll remember to sit further away next time.

And now, about the recording:

It was hard to catch a recording of the Marching Band tonight. It takes a little while to log in to Audioblogger. I tried to anticipate when they would start up, and then I’d be there eating up minutes on my cellphone waiting. Finally I decided to just catch one without the beginning of the song. Bookworm/Tok’ra later complained that I had picked her least favorite song.

Our football team lost, 29 to 17. They played very poorly. The Band played very well.

Tomorrow night is the Band’s first Tournament of Bands competition (TOB). They have a four hour practice in the middle of the day.

I’m pretty pooped. I was chaperoning and sat too close to the percussion section – oh, those drums didn’t help my headache. So I’ll take a peek at some of your blogs, probably just do some lurking, then head off to bed.

‘night, y’all!

4 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Sorry you lost the game, but you're right - the band sounded great!

Good luck tonight.

Was that your "Woooo!"at the end?

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

lol - I hadn't thought about my woooo being recorded. Maybe I should hire myself out as a professional loud-mouth. (I also have a pretty good copper cowbell to ring!)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger TLP said...

OH YEAH, Fred. The girl is loud!

Acton Bell and I were next to her for part of the game, before she remembered that she really should be sitting with the band, since she was chaperoning.

The band was excellent. The OTHER band was three times as big as ours, and they were really impressive. All-in-all, I truly enjoyed both bands very much. Worth the trip. Okay, it's only a few blocks. But worth it.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I always wanted to be the guy who was able to say: "I don't get headaches; I give 'em."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home