just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Friday Night Football

We (TLP, dad, Uncle Owen and I) were at the football game last night. We played the high school that dad and Owen's eldest brother graduated from, as well as two of my cousins. Probably other relatives, but I don't know.

Anyway, we murdered them. The final score was 49 to 6. And they scored right at the end, then lightening flashed across the sky and that was it - when lightening appears, game's over.

Our band sounded good, theirs was even smaller than ours. If the game hadn't been called for lightening there would have been a battle of the band because they repeated a song that our band had just finished and our drum major got peeved for some reason.

We all ran for the cars as the rain got harder very quickly. Luckily I was parked very nearby. I'm sure that TLP, dad and Owen got soaked to the bone. The rain was so hard that I could barely see to drive home. My folks live just a few blocks from the park with the football field, I'm maybe a mile away.

Our town is having an arts and craft festival today, and DH is already out there setting up. I'm about an hour behind, the wonderful guy let me sleep in. Someone had to be around to get Goa'uld and Bookworm/Tok'ra up, anyway. It's Band Booster Day and they've their own thing to do this morning.

Later, y'all!

10 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

OK, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt (and they wouldn't) but band wally warfare sounds pretty entertaining. You all have a great day.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Have you a Dan Marino or Broadway Joe in the lineup? That would be cool.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

It's a good thing they didn't have a battle of the bands in the pouring rain.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Yeah, probably a good idea to run for it when lightning appears.

Hope you enjoy the festival. Have a great weekend!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger mireille said...

I remember high school football back east. At night, icy cold. But everybody revved up. Fun. xoxo

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope the festival turns out all right.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I left Owen and your dad at the ticket booth and went to get the car. I got wet, but they didn't get very wet at all.

Surprisingly enough, I did not melt. Can't think why not.

Owen was enjoying the game, but...get this...wished that the band didn't play so much! Your dad turned red in the face trying to keep from hitting him. After all, the band is why we go to the games. LOL. Don't mess with Poppa when it comes to his darling granddaughters.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That is odd, TLP. Is there waterproof sugar? The amazing part is there are people all around the world that want to hear that particular band.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Owen... don't get me started again.

I feel nostalgic for these games -- haven't been to one in 20 years! Might have to try to catch one...

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hope the festival was fun.
49 to 6! What a slaughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home