just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, September 26, 2005

Rock the Capital

PA Clean Sweep Sheep

This afternoon is the rally to Rock the Capital. Actonbell and I have made reference in past posts about how our legislators voted themselves a payraise, in the middle of the night last summer.

Well, maybe our lawmakers thought that we voters would forget about it. When we didn't, some of them tried to give reasons for it. Others tell us that they didn't vote for it, and that they refuse it (but we notice that they don't speak up against it, either!!)


Radio Personality Bob Durgin has helped to keep this issue in the news. Today he is delivering boxes of petitions to the Capital: http://www.whp580.com/Durginstuff.html

I went over to Harrisburg for about an hour. I've never seen so many people of so many backgrounds meet for a common goal - Republicans, Democrats and the other Parties, Older and Younger folk, religious folk, people in suits and people in worn-out jeans and t-shirts. It was really neat!

A friend of mine is involved in PA Clean Sweep, which wants to pretty much get rid of every single lawmaker and replace them with someone who has never served before.

lots of tv and radio journalists and cameras lotsa news trucks

a Joan Baez sound-alike people being photographed or taped or interviewed everywhere

more news vans - CH.3 is from Philly

10 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Alright, I've finally made it to your blog. I've been so busy and you've been all nice with your commenting on mine that I feel guilty for not looking sooner. But now, the guilt is assauged. And I think I like it, too!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I love the pig noise when you go the the Rock The Capital site.

Workers milking cows in Lancaster County can get paid $50,000 to $60,000 a year? Really? If so, I'm there tomorrow!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

When the people mean business, things get done.
The PA capitol building is gorgeous. I visited a few years ago.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Good for you for going! If I hadn't been person-sitting for your MIL, I would have gone too.

It got good news coverage.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Pretty cool!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Good for you two. Recalls for Everybody!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You mean to tell me I missed my chance to use my torch and axe handle??

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I would like to know how that works, voting yourself a nice big fat raise...

Good for you for representing.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Why didn't you tell me? I could got my hot dog franchise right there in the middle of it, made my pile.

Congratulations, kid. Noble effort. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home