just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy Birthday, Nod Donald Duck Pez



Happy Birthday to my hubby, Nod. This is his photo from Kindergarten graduation; now he's 47 years old. He works for the Navy as an analyst - both systems and operational research. Don't ask me what that means. Back when we were newly married, he was part of a team that put out specs and took in bids for the world-wide replacement of all Navy computer systems. BIG deal. Secret Stuff. He would go off for days to hear proposals. Come back with corporate gifts that I wasn't allowed to see because of the logos. Nod assured me that when the contract was awarded he could let me know where he'd been.

Once he came home and told me that he had met someone famous, but couldn't tell me who (yeah, and how many of the other spouses heard this, too?). FINALLY the process was over and he could tell me -- Ross Perot!!

My blank face prompted him to repeat the name (this was before that particular presidental election).

Nod was very disappointed that I had not heard of the Head of EDS. But I hadn't been married to a computer geek for THAT long yet! It wasn't my fault (to quote Han Solo).

8 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy birthday to Nod! Did he say whether he tugged Perot's ears? I always wanted to do that.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy Birthday, Nod!

My ex was also like that. He wasn't able to tell me about the top secret stuff he was working on for the gov't (he worked for Honeywell). Later, when it was declassified, he would tell me and I'd be really impressed.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I remember Ross. He got his 15 minutes of fame, and his charts got three times that many.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Happy b-day SIL.

Cute pix. I never saw that one before.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Happy Birthday, Nod Donald Duck Pez!

Cute picture... I love little kids in glasses. Speaking of which, it's a miracle that your daughters aren't blind, as young as you two were when you got glasses!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What a cute picture. You didn't include a recent photo!

Your husband is a top secret agent... cool!

Happy Birthday ddd's Husband! Hope your whole weekend is a goodie!

ddd: Spoil him.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Wow! Like 007. Exciting! Mysterious. Hope he had a happy b-day.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sar said...

Happy (belated but only by a few hours!) Birthday, Mr. Dddragon!

And to hear you've turned 47 - that's fantastic!!! (my obsessively favorite number)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home