just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Twenty-Tagged

I've been tagged by my sister Actonbell, and I'm supposed to say 20 things about myself.


  1. I was born in Memphis, TN.
  2. Moved to southern California when I was around four years old. We lived in La Puente, South Pasadena, West Covina, San Dimas and Covina (I think that's the right order).
  3. We moved to Pennsylvania when I was in the eighth grade - three schools that year, that was rough.
  4. I graduated from Penn State (like y'all didn't know that already!!)
  5. I've been married for 20 years (ditto)
  6. I have 15 year old twin daughters that are in marching band (ditto ditto)
  7. I read Stranger in a Strange Land when I was in third grade. Yes, my mother knew. I would read anything left around.
  8. I love to read, but since my kids were born my reading material has been more of a juvenile nature. That's okay, I'm pretty juvenile myself.
  9. My favorite genre is science fiction and fantasy, and my family is a Stargate family.
  10. I also graduated from the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), which is near where Doug lives.
  11. I like Dr. Pepper and real, classic Coke. Too much.
  12. When my friends where buying Osmond Brothers and the Jackson Five albums, I was buying Elvis Presley albums.
  13. I am exactly one year younger than Michael Jackson.
  14. I am a messy person. I don't make the bed if Chatham is sleeping in it or if Nod is away. Dishes are washed if there aren't any clean ones to use and there aren't any paper plates.
  15. When I was in college, I used to buy underwear instead of doing laundry.
  16. Blue is my favorite color. Good thing I went to Penn State.
  17. Horses, dragons and cats are my favorite animals.
  18. I participated in the CowParade when it was in Harrisburg in 2004.
  19. I am the eldest child of four (mom is the youngest child of four).
  20. When I was growing up, I wanted to be an astronaut, a spy and a race car driver.

ADDENDUM: I'm tagging:

Doug
Tom & Icy
Saurkraut
Natasha
LibbY

I was going to tag you, Still Life & Schoodlepooh, but I see you just got tagged! In fact, there's a whole lot of tagging going on 'round here!!

12 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

We agree on everything except Elvis Presley and horses. ;o)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I like horses, but dragons are best for herding cattle. It's nice to make your aquaintance.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

MERRRRRGH!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

So, it is Penn State, not Michigan State, that is the Cow College? Have I got it right now?

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Hey, this was a great way to get to know you...I jumped over from Blogoholics (Fred). I, too, love fantasy and dragons. If we still had cable our family would be watching Stargate for sure. Have a great day, dddragon!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Libby said...

hey, dddragon, thanks for the tag, i'll do it asap!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

OK, I did it. It's below today's post.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Good for you, buying new underwear instead of wearing used ones for days and days.... yuck!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

Great list, and beautiful photo in the post below! Happy anniversary!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Icy worked on her meme, but I think 20 was a bit much for her. She used pictures with it and put it on a separate blog page. I'm going to have to see what she said about me. I enjoyed yours. This is pretty interesting, but I hope we're through tagging for a while. We think each person should put something like this on a separate page that people can go to like a profile.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Yes, everybody's been in the tagging spirit. I like this one in particular and it especially works out well for you...random, randomness in the blog title... get it?
I used to buy new underwear as well, pitiful.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Wow!

Nice list. West Covina, La Puente, San Dimas, that is my neck of the woods...What a small world, dddragon.

Happy anniversary, by the way. Many more loving years together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home