just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

We all slept in today - well, as much as one can with two cats who use a clock run by their stomachs! Today's newspaper is as large as the usual Sunday edition, chock full of advertisements. In fact, the news sections are minimal in comparison! Nod handed the ads over to Goa'uld and told her to start making her Xmas list. We haven't seen any signs of Bookworm yet.



The television is on and I'm waiting for the start of the Macys Thanksgiving Parade. I actually don't watch it all - I just like to leave the TV on and watch now and then. At 2:00 we'll be at my In-Laws for the turkey meal. My BIL went to the Culinary Institute of America in New Hyde Park, so usually the meal is not a simple one. But I have to tell you that I miss my mama's meals - There's no place like home, eh? Years ago he forgot to put in the sugar for the pumpkin pie ~ it was AWFUL! and we've not let him forget it since!

LOL - Nod keeps coming in to tell me about the deals he's reading about in the newspaper ads. Here he comes again ...

Happy Thanksgiving to All ... and to all, no indigestion!


7 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Haha. Thanks Dddragon and to the folks beyond the stargate as well.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Looks like you and I are doing the same thing. The parade just started, and I'm blogging while everyone is in bed. Have a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! Yeah, I do the same thing with the Macy's parade. It's on now.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sar said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dddragon & family - Damn! I've got to get going, there's a parade to wach and food to eat! :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Happy day to you! Hope the MIL is calm and peaceful today. She was very easy for me on Monday. I played a Johnny Mathis DVD for her and she loved it. I left it there for her. If you take something peaceful for her, she's easier.

Your sis has put on a Johnny Mathis CD (Christmas) for me and I'm using her laptop in her lovely new livingroom, and there's a fire in the fireplace. *sigh* I'm a happy critter.

Love to you and your little family.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

If you are not already out there shopping, all the deals are gone. Stay home and eat your heart out.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I am having a very Floirda Thanksgiving. Key Lime Pie as opposed to Pumpkin Pie.

PS for Christmas I want a three person Waverunner with aluminum float on trailer and 4 stroke engine, OR a Grizzly Tracker 1740 SC (side consule) flat bottom all welded aluminum boat with 25 HP ELPT 4 stroke engine (EL = electric start PT = power trim/tilt) with the matched trailer, the optional rod rolder box, and the optional windshield.

The Waverunner will go faster, but the Tracker flat bottom boat will be more useful. Of course, I will probably end up with shirts and more socks :)

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy start of the stressful, mall packed, trample grandma to get that last $20 DVD player at Wal-Mart, holiday season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home