just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, November 11, 2005

Tibbar Tibbar


This morning I had to run out to get some milk before the girls got up for breakfast, so I got in the van to go to the little 24-hour place that's about four or five blocks away. (It was still black outside and 40 degrees.)

I was a block away when suddenly a rabbit jumped out from between the parked cars. I immediately took my foot off the brake.

Instead of either running clear across the road or doubling back the way it came, the rabbit bounded straight down the middle of the street, away from me. So there I was, rolling slowly forward, with the white cottonball tail of a rabbit bouncing in my headlights for half a block. It was almost hypnotizing, that bouncing white ball.


Finally, it did jump off the road, back in the direction it had originally come. Dumb bunny!

(this photo ain't representational, but I thought it was cute.)

10 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger TLP said...

That's 'cause it is cute! Very.

Funny tale about the bunny in your headlights. They are dumb.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Yup, and the post title is even cuter.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

The photo is probably lots cuter than what you saw in your headlights!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Tibbar tibbar ... I get it!

Your whole family is backwards!

:P

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

Hm, maybe this is a sign that good luck is coming your way.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail
Hoppin down the....oops.


Btw, good luck once again at the competition tomorrow!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Yes, Natasha. We're fairly backwards. Some say we're nuts. I resemble that remark.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

No bunny hood ornament for you huh?

I like how you saw the rabbit, then took your foot OFF the brake. I feel the same way about these large muscovy ducks that have infested Miami.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Fred said...

This reminds me - the other day I was driving to work, and five houses down a deer ran across the street, right in front of me. (We live right behind a 40-acre conservation area.)

It's a good thing I was only going 20 mph or so. It scared the daylights out of me.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

Fred, I know what you mean - we have alot of deer here in PA. Once on a trip on the turnpike from Harrisburg to Philly, we saw over two dozen dead deer. At one spot the state troopers, three smashed cars and alot of deer parts blocked the other side of the pike completely. The backup on that side went on for a long distance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home