just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, July 14, 2006

My New Poptart Boyfriend

Before the concert, the Poptart people (they're sponsoring the tour) had a group trying to draw people in for karoke. No one was volunteering. Nod and I were in line for tour t-shirts nearby and the song "Celebration" came on.

This song was the theme song for the Dance Marathon that I participated in at Penn State way back when. I heard that song over and over and over and I know it pretty well. Anyway, I was feeling the beat and dancing a bit in line, and they saw me. What the heck? So I went over and took the microphone and boogied. It was funny ... these young people had to watch the screen with the words, but I didn't, so their backs were to the crowd and I was facing the crowd. For the whole, long song. When it was over, the lead guy hugged me and thanked me for being a good sport.

After the concert, these same people were handing out samples of the new Poptarts (meant to be eaten frozen/cold). I saw this same (btw, good looking young) guy. He had a bullhorn and was trying to get people to say how they liked this new product out loud. He spotted me and ... thru the bullhorn ... says "IT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!" then gave me the bullhorn. So naturally I said "IT'S YUMMY!". He hugged me again and said thanks.

Then I introduced him to my husband. Boyfriend said "oops, sorry!" and Don laughed and said, "no, it was great, I got it on video!" And then Boyfriend hugged Don.

7 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Fred said...

DDD doing karaoke. Where's the camera when you need it? Please tell Nod he must learn how to use the video on your digital. Heck, we'd pay to see that one.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I want to see it!!!! Not sure I want to hear you sing though. Just sayin'.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

These new Poptarts: Are they sort of like Fudgesicles, only with raisins?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

How much fun! You are SUCH a good sport. That's the best way to be. Life is short, you've gotta enjoy it!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Rock on 3D! I'm so glad you posted this. It's a story that needed to be shared with the masses. You rock! But, I just hope you'll still remember little ole me when we see you in the video real on next season's Idol?

And if you'll allow a little shameless promotion (you know I'm a fan of it!)...

Everyone come read 3D's AWESOME GUEST POST at my place!!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Seems like an awful lot of hugging going on.

Did you do the "Hoo-hoo!"s?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger karla said...

Frozen poptarts? That's so crazy it just might work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home