just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Horton Hatches a Who!

Actually, the Peregrine Falcon hatched an egg. She's in the way most of the time, but I thought I saw an egg with the beginnings of a hole in it on Tuesday, and yesterday I saw bits of fluff a few times, peeking out from under Mama. Finally, I caught sight of Baby #1.



Actually, there are probably two babies in this picture, but I can't tell for sure. There were four eggs in all, hopefully all will hatch successfully. The babies are scheduled to be banded on May 26th.

5 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Cool! Just in time for Mother's Day.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That is incredilby cool!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger TLP said...

That web site is so much fun! Before I retired I used to walk below the ledge with the nests. Really, really, wonderful thing they are doing with the falcons in town.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger admin said...

How adorable.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

There is still one egg left, as of Saturday. I'm afraid that one might not have made it. Hopefully the other three will survive to adulthood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home