just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Funny DH ~ Story #3

I had mentioned in the Rhubarb post that my DH killed a refrigerator. Here is that story:

The people who moved out left behind a smallish, older fridge. It had the coils in the back of the fridge, which were covered with thick ice. Eager to get on with moving in, DH decided that he would hasten the defrosting by chipping away at the ice. Ice pick in hand, he chipped and picked away at it.

I looked over his shoulder after awhile and saw that the ice was pretty much gone, just a little wee bit left. "Looks good to me," I said.

"Just a little bit left," said he.

"Well, be careful, you don't want to . . ."

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


Yup. He punchered the coils and the freon escaped.

Well, we would've needed a bigger refrigerator sooner or later anyhow.

And to be fair, here is a story about how I killed a TV:

After we had moved into our first apartment, we bought ourselves a nice BIG color TV. The apartment was a townhouse-type, very dry and static~y. One day I answered the phone, and because the volume on the TV was up, I reached over to turn it off.

Before I even touched it, I got a static shock, and saw a large white spark between my finger and the TV. It hurt, but my instant reaction was to shake my hand, which helped.

But now the TV was even louder and showing that static-snow that TVs get when there's no reception. It wouldn't turn off! I had to unplug it. It never did work again ~ it was completely blown. Had to return it and get another one.

Ain't I shocking?

6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You both are brutal! If I was an appliance, I'd be afraid you'd buy me and drag me home to your torture chamber. Toasters and Blenders beware!!!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Shocking indeed. But killing things with an icepick is hard to top.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

You should see what he does to the washing machine ...

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Hey, dddragon, I love your new header!

I don't think I've ever killed a major appliance. I'm still young, though.

I did once have bachelor furniture that I couldn't return -- long story -- oh, good fodder for future bloggage!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger thc said...

I agree with Aral--cool new header!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The last time I used my beloved power boat, I got a nasty mystery zap when I was flushing out the engine. I was at home, the boat was on its trailer.

Here is the strange part, the mystery zap only happened when the engine was running on land. On the water, no zaps.

And it was NOT static electricity. It felt like I stuck a fork into a 120v outlet.

But I did not kill anything, except for maybe a few skin cells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home