just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Shush!

Overshop posted a link to Peter Mehlman's experience while trying to watch a movie.

I'm married to someone who tends to do some of this. While DH doesn't carry on whole conversations, he does let you know when he's figured out what's going to happen next in the storyline. Unfortunately, this seems to be most of the time.

He's also too good at figuring out what I've gotten him as a gift (Father's Day, birthday, xmas, etc.). I even hide the method of payment or get it way in advance, he figures it out. On the other hand, he frequently surprises me with what he's gotten me.

I do have to be careful what I admire: about ten years ago I admired a Disney varsity type jacket. The one I liked so long ago was red w/ white sleeves and had something about Mickey Mouse on the back. Last xmas he got me one that was all black (well, the jacket part was a dark charcoal color), but still had MM on the back. Apparently a couple of days before xmas it was on DEEP discount.

Very sweet.

Even if it's ten years later.

ooooh, here he is, gotta get off this page ....

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thanks so much for this post!
Many all DH's are alike! 600 words seems tame in the book of my DH!

Have a good weekend.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, Nod Donald Duck Pez is a sweet husband and father.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Soooo, you can trust us...what are you buying him for father's day?

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

LOL, I haven't even thought about it this year ...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

You suffer from the same curse that I suffer from. No matter how original I try to be he always guesses waht his gifts will be. Maddening as heck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home