just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

What's in a name?



Why dddragon?

When I was in high school, the teacher who seemed to be responsible for handing out all the nicknames dubbed me Dilly Dally Deller (a play on my real name). So from 10th grade on I was Deller or DDD.

I've always been a reader of science fiction and fantasy - I read Stranger in a Strange Land when I was in 4th grade. (Didn't understand all of it, but still liked it.) True, I've always liked horses as many girls do, but somewhere along the way dragons also became my animal of choice, too.

When I went to CalArts for their animation school, many of us designed our own logos for our films. The above sketch is something like what I used, and "dddragon productions" was the name I put on my animation shorts.

I did find it sort of funny that I've got DDD. Or is it ironic?

It's another beautiful day here in Pennsylvania. The Peregrine Falcon chicks that are on the Rachel Carson building in Harrisburg are growing at an amazing rate.

5 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My hubby has DDD too. Bad backs suck.

I had no idea you were into animation and such...

My daughter sketches beautifully, does computer graphics work, and has been working on writing a screenplay. She hopes to get into the film making industry. She and my son make movies all the time. They get better and better at it, and they keep us entertained.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I notice you like Star Trek and Star Wars. We do, too. Have you seen CAPTAIN PICARD'S JOURNAL ? He has a couple links to other parady blogs. People pretending to be someone famous seems to be getting popular. But they are pretty fun to read sometimes. You seem to have a lot of talent in your family. Maybe your kids could write a blog pretending to be someone famous. Consider it practice writing characterization for screen-plays.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

I thought you were just well-endowed ;)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Lila said...

No, overshop, our family is *not* well-endowed in the chestal region.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

In fact, all together we might equal one average chest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home