just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, May 20, 2005

The Fun Just Never Ends

Well, this week's streak of bad luck continues.

First, we found out that the Kiddies haven't been keeping up with their schoolwork and may miss their Youth Group's trip to Boston. And that a final exam has been scheduled for one of the days they'll be gone. You can bet that I'll be snapping the whip this weekend. Tears and Stern Words in abundance this afternoon.

Then I got a call from the security firm that my bank uses for the credit cards. She asked if I had attempted to use my credit card seven minutes ago in Romania.

Uh? Noooooooooooooooooo

Turns out that I fell victim to one of the Phish credit card scammers. I feel stupid, but the conterfeit email & website do look just like the real thing. The bank later told me that they've had their eyes opened by this, too. They are amazed by all the apparent work that the scammers have done to do all of this.

Well, since I requested a new ATM card earlier this week 'cause it wouldn't scan anymore, I am without a credit card OR a debit card.

Finally, I'm going thru my mail and see one from Time Warner. I used to work for Book of the Month Club (as Lucinda still does). Turns out that one of the "storage data containers" has gotten lost, so current and former employees' names and social security information could be in the hands of "bad guys." We're advised to have a fraud alert put on our credit lines.

And my DH's brother called to chew him out about something he did or didn't do for their mom. 'Course, the BIL didn't admit that his forgetting to give her medicine at the right time might've had something to do with anything ...

And we're having a yard sale tomorrow (I'm the neighborhood organizer, somehow). To say the least, we're not in the mood. What sells, sells; what doesn't goes to the Salvation Army.

I think I hear the smoothie machine ....

3 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Oh, dddragon, I'm sorry! That's all bad, bad news. I sure hope nothing more goes wrong! I'll be thinking of you...

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Take a sleeping pill and have some good dreams...
Face it all again tomorrow.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am so sorry. Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully will bring about more peace of mind to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home