just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Kiddies Part Deux

Another funny DH story:
Before I got pregnant, we had been "arguing" about whether to have one child or two. I wanted two, DH thought one was enough. I had some trouble getting pregnant, thus was happy to have whatever I was going to have!

I had had the AFP blood test at 16 weeks as suggested by my doctor, 'cause I was 30 years old. (It detects spinal cord defects.) She had said that sometimes the levels come out funny, so not to be alarmed if I got called back to redo it.

So when the call came, I looked up what that might mean: a defect - which I dismissed, of course; that I was further along than we thought - which I knew wasn't it; or a multiple birth - which I instantly felt was it.

Ya see, I had felt movement, a flutter, recently - and as a first-time mother it was supposed to be too early for me to have felt anything. And my belly had REALLY popped out that week. Hmmm - twins. Made sense to me. But really, what do I know? So I didn't say anything to DH.

The doctor said that she'd do a sonogram and to bring the DH. Apparently she suspected twins, too.

So we get there and she listens hard to the heartbeat (turns out they were in sync in the beginning, which is why we didn't catch on sooner). Then she starts the sonogram. Instantly two heads pop up on the screen.

"Aha," sez she.

"Aha, what," sez he.

"Twins," sez the doctor.

"But we were only gonna have one," sez he.

Honest to god, that's what he said.

I LOVE this story.

6 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

How funny! Great story!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I could see myself saying that. Great story.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lila said...

These are good stories! I missed out on a lot of this at the time, since I was in bella Napoli...

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Maybe he was thinking that the doc could actually do something about it. Is there a possiblity of refunding one child, say for a new TV? You got two little sweeties in one shot.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

Not a refund, but my OB charged only half for the second child ... really!

Also, I asked for a private room as my one luxery, and they charged me the price of a double occupancy room.

So we did save some $$

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a great story...

Thanks so much for sharing it here!
And have a good day! Hope you are feeling good today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home