just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, May 23, 2005

Kiddies


Here's what twins look like - born 17 days before the due date; 6 pounds, 3 ounces; 18 1/2 inches long; moments after birth.



Kiddie A is on the left, Kiddie B on the right.

Oh, btw, B was supposed to be A and A was supposed to be B.

How's that?

Hmmmm ... that's a good Husband Messes Up story:

We had to come up with four names, right? The first girl name would be for the first one that we found out was a girl, etc. Kiddie A on the right side (so named 'cause she would've been the first one born) was too squirmy to have gender determined. Kiddie B on the left, was found to be female a few weeks before birth. So I sez to DH, the twin on the left is A, 'cause that's the first girls' name we decided on.

But when the twin on the right was born, she was a girl -- the nurses asked for her name. Dear, dear Hubby thinks "first girl is A...", forgetting that the one on the other side was to be named A.

The next day I pointed out that he had gotten them mixed up. He said, oh, that's right, we'll have to correct that! I said, oh, no we don't - the paperwork is all done and signed!!

So that's how they came to have the names that weren't meant to be for them.

9 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Lila said...

I didn't know that! That's pretty funny. I think their names suit them.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger thc said...

Great story! How old are the girls now?

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

The Kiddies will be 15 years old this July. Driving next year!!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Beautiful babies! I'm sure they are wonderful girls. We still had 5 names up for grabs when we got to the hospital. My hubby and I have never had a more difficult time making a decision than the time we had choosing our baby's name.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Yesrie said...

Great story! Wait, both twins had the same weight? Kewl!
I had no naming-angst at all :> First, I was an elective single parent, so no bickering with a partner, and second, I have one of those either-gender names and it works for me. Early on in the pregnancy I decided on an either-way name and used its nickname while talking to The Belly, and I opted to be surprised in the delivery room. Got a girl!
Funny that your B was the squirmy one, where A looks feistier in the picture.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

15 years old, enlightened mother, and will be taken to see Star Wars!
What more can they ask?

Blessings to you all.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Love that story!
Hubby can't be blamed though; he was in a state of delirious bliss, I'm sure, when the mistake was made.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great story and pic! I hope you took loads of video - ours are now teenagers; it's fun to watch them every so often.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger thc said...

We recently visited our godtwins, who are thirteen. We were around them a lot for their first 8 years and I have an idea what you have endured. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home