just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Getting Excited



In about ten minutes we'll be heading out to see Rise of the Empire. We had talked recently about re-visiting old movies and books -- I hope that I like this movie, a little nervous that I won't, after all the hype. (Aral didn't like it so much) But, to be truthful, I'm easily amused and pretty easy to please - my sibs Aral and Lucinda are, oh, what word to use - refined, cultured, worldly, better-read, etc. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's just a fact. Perhaps I'm better off being easily entertained!

I even looked thru my drawers to see if I had an appropriate T-shirt for the occaison (see how silly I'm getting!). I found an Episode 1 Star Wars T-shirt, and am tickled to be wearing it. I still have a T-shirt that I bought 28 years ago (at the Jersey Shore). The picture above is pretty much what is on it. I wore it once, then got nervous that I would mess it up and it's been packed away ever since.

I'm one of the geeks or nerds or whatever that stood in line for HOURS for the first three movies. In fact, Granny stood in line with me for the third one, Return of the Jedi, 'cause it was just coming out when I spent the summer out with her in California. (We've said it alot lately -- what a great Granny she was!)

So, it's T-minus two minutes. Time to feed The Boys (Chatham and Salem) and get in the car and GO TO THE MOVIE!!

7 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Lila said...

I hope you liked it! I'm not refined or any of that stuff. I guess I have "high low standards" when it comes to art!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Oh, and by the way, it's very cool that you still have that t-shirt! In 1977 I was in the 3rd grade, so naturally nothing would fit even if I still had it. I had a cool Yoda t-shirt that I wore in junior high... took a little grief for that, but I didn't care. Yoda is GOD.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Indeed, I did like it. I just might dig out "Episode IV: A New Hope" (OLD vhs tape that Tan Lucy made from TV), I'm that much in the mood to continue the saga.

And if you have "high low standards" then I've got "easy low standards" lol lol

And btw, I didn't take a scientific poll, but I have to say that all the Star Wars T-shirts that I saw where on adults, not kids!

(And that ol' T-shirt probably doesn't fit me, either!)

Now, to search for that tape ...

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Lila said...

I'm glad you liked it! Hey, it's all just opinion. It definitely entertained me, so it's not like I thought it was horrible. I was just disappointed 'cause nothing ever lives up to the original trilogy for me.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Ahhh, a woman after my own heart! I wish I could still fit into the stuff I wore just ten years ago...sigh!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Yesrie said...

Hi, ddd! And now for something completely different :> (I *heart* Star Wars, but I have nothing to say about the new one... dunno when I'll get to see it.)

Continuing the great mayonnaise discussion elsewhere, I just did a dummy-slap; I'd forgotten that you asked what the Hellmann's bottle says. We were both right! "Known as Best Foods® west of the Rockies."

I wanted to let you know that I'm wild about you Pez People :> I haven't caught up with ALL of you yet, but Tan Lucy Pez has me ROTFL, and she's passed her talents on to you :>

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Let us all know what you think of it.

I'm a nutty fan - not refined and cultured like your sibs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home