just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

New Header

Just a note of explanation about my new header ~

This was a oil-paint sketch on masonite that I did in a class at Penn State more than 20 years ago. Never finished it. It had been languishing in my basement all these years. It was scratched up in several places and the painting underneath was showing thru (it had been used in an exercise from the class). So I photographed it with my digital camera out back last year when it was very sunny - in fact, the dark areas over the dragon's body are shadows from the tree, which was still leaf-less at that point. Fixed it up in Photoshop, and stretched it horizontally and fit it to the size it is now.

I haven't done an oil painting since. Mostly pen-and-ink, pencil and watercolor, when I have time. LOL which isn't much! Then when the Kiddies are off to college, I'll have too much time on my hands.

5 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Cool stuff. I hope you do more art when the kiddies are off at college. Of course, you still have a few more years to go... Tonight our "baby" graduates from high school! Scary.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You are very talented! I bet this would look smashing with some colors!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Can you post your Doodle Art Poster? The one with the unicorns? That is so cool. I really like the new header.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I wondered about that. Very cool!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

Awesome header! Hm...maybe I should do a flash one for my blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home