just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, January 12, 2006

dddragon Visits the Farm Show

Last night Nod and I decided that we just had to go to the Farm Show. The Kids couldn't go because of their schoolwork this week. So we went without them. Wow. But don't worry, we weren't gone long and we brought home fresh Potato Donuts for them.

Here I am with that butter sculpture that was featured earlier. It's in a large glass, refridergated case.


Here is an old truck with an attractive arrangement of produce around it. Nod just had to take a photo of it.


There are a lot of cows. By this time they were mostly laying down. We overheard someone ask about cud-chewing. Apparently, a cow will chew an average of 40 times before swallowing, then regurgitate to start chewing again. So the farmer girl was counting her cow's chews. Of course, the contrary cow chewed 60 times before swallowing. By that time a small crowd had gathered and we all had a good laugh about how a watched cow will not swallow cud.



10 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Congratulations, that is quite a waste of time! :) watching a cow chew I mean !

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

But will a watched cow ever boil? Or is that a different saying....?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You did the butter shot! I'm so jealous.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Lila said...

MOOOOOOOO!

Sounds like you had fun.

Great pix!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I can not believe that is a butter sculpture, I'm going to have to go to the post below and find out if you talked about it. How long does it take someone to do a sculpture so elaborate? And what do they do with that afterwards, these are the questions I wanna know.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Sar said...

EWWWWWWWWWWW regurgitates then chews again??? Blech and a half! *shudder*

And I'm with Still Life, what is that butter sculpture supposed to represent? It looks like 2 dudes ripping off a shoe closet - the horror!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Man, I miss farm shows. Does John Deere have any cool new combines out this year? The butter sculpture is awesome!

*banjo starts to play in background. Fade scene*

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Yes, actonbell made me laugh too! I howeve, being a chewing addict, was fascinated by the number of chews.... the regurgitating however, that is another story!

By chew addict I mean I need to eat in peace and quiet and really chew my food. I cannot, will not scarf it down. Nope. I won't. I said I WON'T...

Just to clarify I did not mean chaw...

*dizzy, the bohemian walks away*

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger mireille said...

this is my sole-source blog for cud-chewing information! xoxo

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Cute pics of you! I am in awe of the butter sculptures. That is so cool! I'd like to try those potato donuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home