just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Canadian Brass

Bookworm's trumpet teacher is a member of a local brass quintet group that is pretty active. Some months ago I told Mrs. S that the Canadian Brass would be performing at Penn State in February. She got pretty excited and told us about how her group had had a "master class" with the Canadian Brass and what wonderful musicians and people they were.

Yesterday Mrs. S invited us (and a few other band kids) to go with her brass group to a master class with the Canadian Brass up at Penn State the afternoon before their performance at Eisenhower Auditorium. (Milton Eisenhower, Ike's bro, was a president of Penn State, 1950-56.) I'm pretty excited for the kids. However, Goa'uld is worried about missing a half day of classes. That kid!

8 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I don't know how you can STAND having such a smart and conscientious child as Goa'uld.

Think of all the lucky folks who have kids who cut class at every opportunity. You're just unlucky with kids I guess.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's kind of funny about Goa'uld. I am so getting on her goodside. I'm hoping she'll make me an ambassador some day.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Kids these days...

That sounds like a great opportunity. Enjoy!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Oh, they're fantastic. I saw them perform at the National Art Centre in Ottawa a few years ago. It was a special student performance, and afterwards, we got to ask them questions and stuff. Really cool. I asked them if they'd ever had anything go really wrong during a show.

I absolutely love the French horn player ... If you listen, you can hear him play notes down with the tuba, and later, up with the piccolo trumpet. Amazing. I also never knew a French horn could trill until I saw them.

*warm musical feelings*

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Tell Goa'uld we're not talking Mannheim Steamroller here, for Pete's sake...

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Lila said...

That Goa'uld!

I love the Canadian Brass.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I guess she doesn't realize that that is the whole point for taking a school trip... the missing half of a day of school. What's going on with kids nowadays? Or are you the only one with responsible children?
She is going to be so excited once she is actually in the middle of everything.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I want to hear The Canadian Brass! Oh well, maybe next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home