just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Past Glory

Every year the State Museum of Pennsylvania has an "Art of the State" juried exhibit. Nod and some of his photographer friends try to enter every year, and Nod has gotten in a few times. (Naturally, not as often as he'd like!)

The one time I entered, I did get a piece accepted. Interestingly, it was a photograph, not a drawing or painting. I came across the photo in a drawer of my works the other day. It is titled "Chatham's Eyes". I think I was pregnant with my twins when it was exhibited, but I don't remember for sure. Chatham will be 19 in June.

To be honest, I don't have a clue why it was accepted. I think it's an interesting photo, and fun to look at ~ can't you just imagine what Chatham might be thinking of doing next? But truly, I don't think it's a great work of photography.

But at least I can say that I've exhibited in the State Museum!

13 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I can see why it was accepted. About time you entered another piece.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Your dad and I are sitting here saying, "We get it!" It's a great photo, which does not show up here. Dad says he wants a copy of it.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Sar said...

That's a cool picture, 3D. I can't imagine you would've been able to stage it, but the lighting is amazing.

Can I have your autograph?

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That picture perfectly captures all that is creepy yet captivating about cats. I believe that is why it was accepted. :)

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

What a wonderful pic! Did you touch it up in any way? They eyes don't seem like they could possibly glow in that lighting!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Yesrie said...

Love it. What a fabulous grab shot (they're all grab shots, with cats)!

I'm thinking his eyes are lit by reflected light from the blanket. Nice job!
Yez

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Lila said...

It's very cool. I love how Chatham's blue eyes jump out from all the grays and black.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I know what that cat was thinking when you took that picture.

"If I jump now, I can probably attack and kill that thing those humans are always pointing at me. It is not polite to point!"

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

It's beautiful... Many reasons why... the focus on the subject is crisp, the lighting is just right, no shadows cast on the wrong places, and there is much feel, an air of mystery and at the same time a story to tell... hope this helps! ;-P It is amazing and I ditto Doug!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Startling, Della. Truly. I love it.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I think it is a cool photo. The eyes are why it was accepted. They hypnotized the judges.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Your dad and I were at the Midtown Cinema yesterday to see Transamerica (sweet movie), and were surprised that your Nod's pix are displayed there right now. Some great shots.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What a great looking picture; very artistic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home