just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Old Photo Weekend


One of these days I'll get caught up on what's been up with me and my life. Or maybe not. Anyway, it's time again for another old photo. This time it's my CalArts student ID.

Probably at most schools, having your photo taken for your student I.D. is a serious deal, or at least not silly. At CalArts, the abnormal WAS the norm. Some I.D.s were of hands or feet. You could tell most of the freshmen because their I.D.s were the most normal.

My second year I brought along my Mickey Mouse ears from Disneyland to wear in my photo. The person behind me asked to borrow it for his, and then the person behind him . . . The phototgrapher asked if I could leave it and come back later. (CalArts was founded by Walt Disney, and the "urban legend" of CalArts was that Walt was in a freezer in the basement. CalArts was also known as Mickey Mouse U.)

This I.D. was my third year photo. The lion hat (in honor of Penn State, of course) was purchased at Yosemite. Somewhere I've a photo of me wearing this hat with the famous Yosemite valley as a back drop, but naturally I can't find it right now (also too lazy to look too hard).

Hopefully things will slow down around here and I can get back to blogging, reading and posting. I hope that everyone Stateside has a save and fun Memorial Day weekend. Those on other sides of Ponds and borders have a great weekend, too!

11 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Great photo! CalArts must've been a trip.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's fantastic. I know this might be a dumb question but were you Dddragon all the way back then or did you photoshop this?

I didn't know CalArts was founded by Walt Disney, but then how could I? It's clear across town.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

Doug, I photoshopped it ... but I did use DDDragon Productions on my films when I was there.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Love it! Actonbell is right; the possibilities are endless. Poor CalArts being referred to as a Mickey Mouse school :(

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Hi, came over from Catolympics. Not to be a drag, but you should NOT be showing your social security number!!!
PS I still have my Photon ID card from 1986. Photon was one of the first Laser Tag places, in Fountain Valley, CA.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Cute picture & I can't wait to see you! :)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I looked annoyed on my student ID.

Some jackass professer INSISTED that I show a "valid ID" for one of my classes. And by "valid ID" he was not talking about my Florida drivers license.

So I had to go to the student ID office, show them my Florida drivers license, they looked me up in the computer, and took the photo.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

What? No burkha? Happy Memorial Day!!!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Nice - but do you still have those ears?

Have a great holiday.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It ought to be compulsary to wear those ears when having a picture taken.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That's a great idea for an ID card :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home