just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Weekend Update

Master Trainer had asked me to take in the tents and other materials to Council. There was something I needed to pick up anyway, so I went yesterday afternoon. I had been mulling the weekend over in my head, wondering if perhaps I'm just not cut out to be a Trainer.

So, while I was at Council, I asked the Staff Person in charge of the Trainers (who are all Volunteers) just what the whole apprenticing thing was suppose to work. Turns out that a Master Trainer is supposed to meet with an Apprentice Trainer beforehand . . .

. . . Ah. Now, that was what I was expecting. So I related what happened last weekend (and I did not post about everything that happened). Staff Person was very apologetic - she was the person who convinced me that I should become a Trainer in the first place - and then told me that this particular Master Trainer has been spoken to three times about how she does things. Turns out that there are other Trainers who will not work with her at all (the two other Trainers at last weekend's training will do some sessions with Master Trainer, but not all types of sessions). And some programs have been "taken away" from Master Trainer.

This is a real shame, because Master Trainer does indeed have alot to offer in experience and knowledge.

But it sure made me feel better to know that I am not the first to have issues with her by a long shot . . .

Goa'uld is calling, time to go to school and work. Later, Y'all.

8 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Well, I knew that it was not your fault. Obviously MT has issues.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah. I'm not surprised to hear this.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Master trainer sounds like a difficult person to get along with. I think it comes with the title master! they just have to play hardball!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm a little confused. Why do you keep someone on staff when you have to backfill, apologize for and limit someone? Master Trainer should be McDonald's trainee by now.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That's too bad, Della, but you are kind to look on the bright side.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like Master Trainer's a little rough 'round the edges and needs some *people* skills along with experience and knowledge.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I think you'll make a great trainer! You're fair and intelligent, and you've been through it yourself. I suspect you're a good teacher.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

too bad master trainer doesn't get busted down to private!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home