just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, April 28, 2006

Old Photo Weekend




















This post is early because I'm leaving in about an hour. Normally during the last weekend of April I'm at the Pennsylvania Organization of Mothers of Twins Club State Convention. This year I'm going to the Hemlock Girl Scout Council's Delegate Assembly. Not as a delegate, but as a visitor. I recently became our Service Unit's Ass't Director (now, if only I could get someone to take my old position as SU Treasurer ...), and our SU Director is new, too. Since she had hubby's hotel points burning in her pocket, we decided it would be a good thing to attend. It's in Williamsport, the home of Little League.

This week's photo is of me as a Junior Girl Scout. TLP was a leader and camp director when we girls (Actonbell and AP3 and I) were in Girl Scouts. The photo itself is only two inches square - it scanned pretty well.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be checking in on Sunday most likely.

7 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Poor AP3 and also your bro Kevin. I drug them to meetings and camps often. But i guess maybe they had some fun too.

I hope you have fun in Williamsport. It'll be a beautiful drive up there today.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

You made a very cute scout. Somehow, I think the hemlock club is a perfect substitute for the Mother's of twins club. Tell Socrates I say hi.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Very cute picture!

I don't remember being dragged to GS stuff, TLP. I guess I couldn't have been too traumatized.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Don't you remember Day Camp? I was directing that GS Day Camp, and you and Kevin had to go along. He was in a special group for boys whose moms were working at the camp. You were taken by bus (yellow school bus)to a section for pre-schoolers. But I took you to Sharyl's brownie meetings as well.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great pic, DDD. Have a great weekend.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Lila said...

TLP, it soooo vague, I'm not sure if it's a real memory or something I'm making up in my mind based on what you just typed....

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Yesrie said...

Love the picture :-) I "flew up" but our GS troop pretty much just met and had refreshments :-J (I remember a hike or two, but that's it) and then we moved. No badges, but at least I was a GS and I can still say the pledge :>
Yez
[zatinuop: "Let me assist you with that satin sheath"]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home