just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lists

I'm married to a list-maker. Nod keeps all sorts of lists that are on different slips of paper. I never could understand how he could do that - I'd be losing lists all the time (then again, maybe that's a good thing). Not him!

Lately I've been maintaining a list of to dos in a small spiral notebook at my desk here at my PC. When half the list is crossed off, I rewrite it onto a fresh page. (This spiral notebook is seven by seven inches and says "IMAGINE" in light grey across the middle. It was part of the bag of stuff we got at our company's annual meeting.)

My current list:

  1. Drivers Ed - I need to find a course for my daughters to take this summer. They will kill me if I don't.
  2. "Diversity" - the local art center is having a "Point of View" exhibit where an artist and a photographer take a word and each creates a piece to illustrate it. Nod and I are working on the word Diversity.
  3. UCH Banner - TLP and I have been asked to create a new banner for our church to use at the next General Assembly in June.
  4. Are Calendars up to date? We've got so many different calendars: band, Girl Scouts, family stuff, work stuff, school and lessons, etc.
  5. Make doctors appoints - I need to set up the regular check-ups
  6. Cabana dvd - my daughters and the other Girl Scouts that are going to Mexico in July have to make a presentation to the other Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. Part of it was recorded to a videotape and needs to be transferred, plus a title page needs to be created.
  7. Curtains - I bought fabric months ago for the kitchen/dining room, and new rods. Haven't gotten any further. (I also started to make Goa'uld a duvet cover last year ... never finished that, either.)
  8. Start to pack for Disney - the girls are flying out with the band early Saturday morning. We need to nail down what they need and what we need to get. For example, they're not rooming with each other, so they can't share shampoo, etc.
  9. Cows - I've been commissioned to replicate my CowParade cow for two people.
  10. Coffee/Tea Basket - for a Girl Scout "raffle"
  11. Newsletters - I did finish my church's newsletter, now I need to do the camera club's.
  12. Outdoor Odyssey Display - I'm on the committee for an adult Girl Scout conference and need to update the display panel for an assembly
  13. Me's birthday - which I'm late for. I am the queen of processing. My dad Niks is the king. This item is highlighted in bright yellow. Didn't help
  14. Groundhog trap - this I did manage to borrow from the Boro. We've caught four squirrels. But not the groundhog (I blogged about this issue last year, here is a photo of him.)
  15. Cell phone - and I did get this done, after much aggravation with Cingular. My daughters are annoyed with me. Not only does this phone have a camera (jealous) but I keep trying to take their pictures (annoying).

So, that's my list. You'll notice that I'm not doing anything on my list right now . . .

8 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger TLP said...

What has to be done first? I'm guessing the Disney World trip for the girls should be number one.

I love lists.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

My husband and Nod would get along great! He is an obsessive listmaker!

As for me, I have finally started to write things down... I am up to writing them in notebooks as opposed to slips of paper but I either lose the notebook or forget about the list. *sigh* How DO you do it?

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I get the same amount of stuff done with or without a list. So why make a list? It is just something else to do - which means I get less things done.

I have a quota on things to do on any given day. Making a list uses up one of these quota slots.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

#8: Which Disney? Ours?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Holy cow! That's a serious list!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's a pretty fair morning. My comment from yesterday never showed up. One thing I had to do.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

My goodness, Della. When do you breathe?

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I do my lists in Notepad on my desktop (typing is faster for me than writing) then if I need to take the list with me, I print it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home