just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Old Photo Sunday XVIII


We've got Disney on the brain here. The High School Band will be going to WaltDisneyWorld in a couple of weeks to march in a parade. The Band Director asked me to create some posters to put in the band hallway ~ first, to generate some excitement among band members for the coming trip; and secondly to help retain/recruit the Middle School band members for the future. After making those Disney posters, I want to go!! (Of course, I spent more time on them than anyone else would have ...)

This photo is of me, Actonbell and our cousin Sonja at Disneyland. TLP will have to let me know what ages or year it is. Maybe I'm 8 and they're around 4. (I'm horrible at guessing ages and have gotten in trouble in the past for trying ...)

9 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Who is the guy with the big ears?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Aw... you and actonbell look so cute!

That band trip sounds pretty cool.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I am so jeallous. I really would like to go. Is there an age when Disneyland is below your age? Just wonderin' .

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger TLP said...

No Minka. Adults love Disneyland and Disney World.

I think you have the ages about right. Close enough. I would have maybe guessed 7 and 3, but I don't know for sure.

Acton Bell, my mother was the reason for the hat. It was chilly when you guys set off, and she was always cold herself so of course, she made me put a hat on you.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Man, I wish you all were coming to Disneyland. I'd meet you at the airport with ears on. Have fun, though.

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Looks like none of you were frightened to actually meet Mickey in person.
I love looking at pics of my brother and I when we were little and went to Disneyland. We went several times, and now my kids have gone several times too.
Fun memories.
For our 10th wedding anniversary, Hubby asked what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to stay at the Madonna Inn (one of the places we stayed for our honeymoon) and I wanted to go to Disneyland. That's what we did!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Yesrie said...

So where are your posters? We need to see the posters!

Adorable shot :-)

Yez

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

The first time I went to Disneyland I was about 13, I think... my sister who is about 7 years younger was not so excited but me... wow! Every single freaking Disney character I saw was hugged and pictures were taken... Oh the dorky days!

I love the pic! You guys all look so cute!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Sar said...

Cute picture! Seems 3D didn't get the red jacket & blue tenny runners (as my dad taught me to call tennis shoes when I was little) memo though. ;) Good for your girls, hope that have a fun and memorable trip.

And Minka, hubby keeps saying he wants to go back, just the 2 of us, to Disney World, so the answer is no you never get too old for it. Going without the kids? Now that poses a challenge. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home