just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Mother's Day

We went out to Outback on Tuesday to let me have a Mother's Day meal that I would enjoy. Which I did.

On Sunday, Nod and my girls gave me nice gifts - a little book of black & white cat/kitten photos and quotes about cats. And evidence that my CowParade days will "haunt" me forever . . .



A ceramic cow planter and a carved cow birdhouse. Ain't they cute? Salem isn't sure, tho'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a completely different subject, I recently signed on to a geriatric cats yahoo group, since Chatham is nearly 19 years old. (It isn't a very active group.) A message came through the other day about 2 ten year old Persian cats who have lost their foster home. They were relinquished together to the local kill shelter and must leave this weekend or be euthanasized; the message was a plea for someone to save them, perhaps to a Persian rescue group. Someone has organized a relay to get these cats from Johnson City, TN, to West Lancaster, OH. Eight legs, ranging from 50 miles to 77 miles, has been organized (but they are looking for anyone who can get the cats closer to their goal).

I think this is neat . . . but it gets me to wondering how this same kind of thing could be helping others in so many ways. Finding kids, finding cures, etc.

6 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Oh those are adoreable!

19 years old - Wow! Chatham must have a longevity gene! That IS a neat idea for the group to arrange the relay - best wishes to them.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Kewl beans!

The relay is great. Some people are just more in tune with animals than with people. But truly, if you transport an animal, it's not going to hurt you (probably). Some people can be scary.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee Della, that IS a slick idea. I hope somebody runs with it. (Not me; I can't drive, or run.)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Huh, the relay is a good idea.

Glad your Mother's Day had a bright side!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Add curing cat bites to your list. I'm glad you finally had a Mother's Day you deserve.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Aw, Salem is so cute. Great bird house! It's amazing how much energy we can put into something that truly interests us, isn't it? I don't know if you could energize that many people to help others, because most people don't feel the need to do that. Sadly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home