just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Old Photo Weekend


This is yours truly, December 1959, about four months old. Quite a chunk, wasn't I?

My froggy voice in my audioblogger post turned out to be a cold coming on. Missed work all week. Well, I wasn't scheduled to work Monday, took Tuesday off for a doctor check-up (good thing that appointment had already been made months ago because I was sick now!) and could not talk well enough to be at a catalog call center the rest of the week!

Our football team got slaughtered Friday night. Oh, well. We'll do better next year - got a good bunch of sophomores that will be ready to take over then.

Our Marching Band has a TOB tonight - there will be 19 band competiting. It's been cold, rainy and blustery all week. It would be nice if the weather cleared up!

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I was eleven months old at that time!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ekim and I were over at Pezhead Central playing Scrabble last night, and Hark! I heard the band:) Sorry to hear the game didn't go well.

Good luck with at the TOB! And feel better:)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

a cold? and i was so sure it was from some good old fashioned cheering!

this is a great picture--so adorable! shall i tell you how old i was in 1959? old enough to be in school, not old enough to know very much!

it looks like the weather might improve (you're on the edge of that Nor'easter, right?) hope the TOB goes well this weekend... and that you feel better! (my secret weapons for fighting colds are Sambucol Elderberry extract lozenges and Zicam spray. last year this combo kept me well when everyone around me was NOT!)

Happy Weekend, 3D!! xoxo neva

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Great picture! I was a chunk too, as you might remember.

BIG FAT BABY GONNA KICK YO' @$$!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Cute picture. Good luck to the band. The football's just a sideshow anyway.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Awwwwww, look at the baby dragon - mama TLP had the wings and tail tucked away I presume?

I wished I lived close enough to come to the competitions. We live close enough to the HS that we can hear the drumline in the morning at the bus stop. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home