just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, September 18, 2006

*Gak*


(Photo by Michael Fernandez of The Patriot-News)

The local arts 'n' crafts show wasn't so good - not much foot traffic and the weather was iffy all day. Many vendors complained, but - hey, that's the nature of the biz.

Unbeknownst to me (and perhaps many others), the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee was meeting nearby. Imagine our surprise - and to some's dismay - when Senator Rick Santorum and his entourage and reporters were seen heading our way. I ducked behind our stand to hide, as did others. A few people tried to speak to him, but he really didn't listen to anyone who was in opposition.

Argh, then he and his crowd came back. I stood my ground and glared, but by then he wasn't talking to anyone anymore.

It was hard not to throw up.

6 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Minka said...

It would have been a shame to throw up all over food. Well if it would have happened, you could have offered him a slice :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I would have shown the dude the full moon over my booth. You know, for "art".

You could also have tried to start the croud chanting something like:

"Rick is a dick!"

It would have been PERFECT if someone like me were there selling novelty t-shirts I had made up. You know that the senator would have loved them.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

aiiieeee! well, now it's established once and for all: you are a better woman/person than i am, because i would SO have wanted to smack him right across that self-righteous smirky dick-face of his. (not a fan, can you tell?) i watched him last week on Meet the Press, and i had all i could do not to smash in the TV. fortunately, i'm not really prone to violence, but still... rick's... a complete and utter p-word that rhymes with rick & dick. the end. tap tap, no erasies.

sorry the arts & crafts show wasn't what you hoped it would be... let's blame Santorum, shall we? xox neva

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Lila said...

BARF-O-RAMA on Santorum!

Too bad the show didn't pan out better.

XO

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Double-Gak.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oh my! I was gonna say "Don't throw up! Punch him!" but I see Neva beat me to it!!!

Yeah, it would not be a pretty sight if ever anyone tried to introduce me to Bush... President Schmezident... K-POW would be more like it... or maybe I'd settle for the nastiest verbal rant I could muster cause I don't wanna go to jail and be someone's bitch...

Um... where was I going with this? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home