just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm Not Whining ...

... REALLY, I'm not.

Just letting y'all know what's up with me.

Besides my family's insanely busy life and my duty in keeping the calendar/clock watch for them and chauffering the Girls, I mean.

My migraines come and go. Too often for days at a time. I'm hoping that menopause will mean the end of migraines, as many women have found.

Speaking of menopause, it may be coming sooner rather than later. Not sure, mind you. I've been menstrating since August 21. Had a pelvic scan last week, which showed that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and that the lining in my uterus is extremely and unusually thick. Wonderful. The scenario is that my last ovulation was not complete (i.e. the egg may be the cyst) and that my uterus keeps preparing for said egg (i.e. keeps building up the lining). What this means is pure ugh, groan and moan. A sample was taken of the uterine lining to make sure that there aren't abnormal cells. Won't know the results of that for a week or more.

On top of this is my degenerative disc disease. Last year one shot in the spine took care of the pain. Not this year, oh, no. I just had my third shot this morning. If the pain doesn't go away this time, then I'm off to a surgical consult. Whoppeeeeeeeee!

Needless to say, I'm not sleeping all that well. I keep waking up around 1:30 or 2 am and can't get back to sleep. The bags under my eyes look like I've packed for a week away.

The only good news is that I'm really trying to lose weight and I actually have lost at least four pounds.

Well, more good news is that the Marching Band did REALLY WELL at the TOB last weekend - they got first place in their size division and scored unusually high for a first performance. We're all looking forward to a great season.

Okay, I'm done whining now.

Oh, wait, I wasn't whining. really.

5 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, you're not whining! That's enough to get anyone wantin' to spew a bit! LOL

I hope you see some improvement in your condition soon.

{{Hugs}}

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Ddd, I'm third to say that wasn't whining. Whining is 400 words on "My cat seems distracted and not very affectionate."

You've got friends and family hoping the return to health comes sooner rather than later.

Forgive this a bunch of ways but maybe you don't have to do quite so much until you feel better. I hear the Girlscout assassins miss more than they kill.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger TLP said...

So sorry. I'm at your house now, using your PC to look at your blog. Fun.

Feel better soon.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Sorry for all the icky health stuff. That really is no fun.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

allow me to echo the sentiments of everyone else here... this is definitely NOT whining. as a whiner from way back, i should know.

so sorry to know of your health issues. if it helps, i'm here to tell you there are worse things in life than not menstruating. trust me on this one. early menopause is actually pretty cool (not to mention liberating). xox neva

 

Post a Comment

<< Home