just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Old Photo Weekend


I'm not sure why I feel like this should be the photo to post this weekend - seems like it should be posted in May or June, eh?

Perhaps it's because today marks the end of this year's marching band season. Our band has made it to the Atlantic Coast Championships and will spend the day in Scranton, PA. They are seeded near the top ten and have a chance of ending with the highest rank in our school's marching band history. The kids are pumped, to say the least!

On a sadder note, our 19 year old cat, Chatham, is not doing very well. This is difficult - he's been sleeping in our bed since he was 8 weeks old. Our daughters have never known what it is like not to have him around. He seemed so good last summer, but a bladder infection has laid him low and it just won't go away.

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's a great photo of you and Actonbell. Congratulations to the girls and scratches to Chatham. I hope he feels better. In sickness there are no cats or dogs. Just superior beings.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I know how sad you are about Chatham! I'm so sorry. But he has had a long, good life.

To everyone else: That's ActonBell on your left, and 3D on the right. Acton was graduating from High School, and 3D was graduating from Penn State. 25 years ago I think.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(yeah, yeah, 25 years ago. Thanks for info, Mom)

I am SO sorry Chatham's unwell. Poor dear.
However, I'm happy for the girls that they're getting a rest from marching band. I know they love it, but they must be tired!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I'm sorry about Chatham. It's so sad when our pet-babies are doing poorly and it is beyond our powers to help them.
Sad for them and us.

The news about the girls is brighter however. They must be over-the-top!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great picture, 3D.

So sorry about Chatham. Our oldest cat (Mary) is also 19. I hope he's doing better.

Best of luck to the band!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home