just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, April 15, 2007

*cough*cough*HACK*

Our school district's spring break was last weekend. Poor Bookworm was sick and missed the first day back to school. Goa'uld then seemed like she was coming down with it, too. And the band trip to Virginia Beach was coming up!!

Bookworm was better and Goa'uld was taking meds and didn't seem to be getting worse, so both went off with the band on Thursday (like I would've been able to hold them back, anyway). The concert band, jazz band and indoor guard unit were adjudicated on Friday. The band went on a dinner cruise that evening, and spent Saturday at Busch Gardens.

Bookworm called three times to let us know how great it was: their balcony overlooked the ocean, later that they were walking on the beach, and then that they had a blast on the rides at the park. I'm relieved that the bad weather that was forecasted didn't ruin their trip - they'll probably be driving home in a driving rain today.

Meanwhile, I started to feel sick on Wednesday, and woke up Thursday definitely sick. Got worse as the days passed - and changed as the days went by. First it was mostly my throat. Then it was my head. Now it's my chest and I wonder if it has become bronchitis.

At least we didnt' get the snow that they were perdicting. It rained pretty hard all night and is still raining now.

Boy, what I wouldn't give to be on a warm, dry beach somewhere.

17 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger TLP said...

So sorry that you're sick! I was gonna call you to see if you wanted to go to the movies with acton and me.

Take care of yourself. Maybe later this week we can do something fun. Ekim is in Brazil ya know.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Actonbell, that was the same thought I had. When I was in High School if your team did well they just tied you to the back of a horse and dragged you over broken glass.

Feel better, Dddragon. Remember to drink soup and cut back to your schedule to the 18 or 200 most important things. It's good to hear from you.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Maybe just go to Actonbell's blog and stare at the header for a while. After a while, I began to hear the ocean.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hope you feel better real soon.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Glad the girls are having a great trip! Me Wonder Woman Pez and I are in P-town... today is her 49th b-day. Yesterday and last night the weather was WILD with the wind, but today was nice. The sun even came out!

I've been fighting a cold for days. I recommend Airbourne...

XO

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee, Della, maybe you need to learn violin or guitar. People with talent like that get to go on trips.....

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Minka said...

That makes two of us...a warm beach somewhere, anywhere really! I´d sign up.

feel better soon, it is the 19th today so I hope you already do, and I feel being sick is always a good excuse for lazily hanging about with a good book and some tea!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Any better?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hey DDD, I suspect you're better by now. My break was relatively quiet and the end of school is only four weeks away.

I can hardly wait!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Hey. Kid. Come out and play now. You're a bit better.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Rabbit Rabbit!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Rabbit, rabbit! Still sick, or just busy?

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Oh get over yourself and post!

Hey from NC!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Minka said...

hmmm???????

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Miss you in the blogosphere... hope all is well. XO

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Now I'm starting to sniffle.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Rabbit, rabbit!

Happy June

 

Post a Comment

<< Home