just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, June 01, 2007

Rabbit June Rabbit


Sorry that I haven't been posting. I guess that I feel like that all I would have to say would be whiney.

Today is the last day of regular classes @ my Girls' school. Final Exams next week.

Goa'uld tried out for Marching Band Drum Major. We'll know next week how she did.

Bookworm would like to take Algebra III during the summer so that she can take Pre-Calc next year, but there ain't a formal way to do it. I've sent an email to the Head Math Teacher to see if there was a way.

They both want to go to Band camp, and Bookworm would also like to attend a Theater camp. If Goa'uld is made Drum Major, then there's Drum Major camp.

My employer has cut my hours to four a week. However, I didn't get any this week. I must find a job - poor Hubby can't do it on his own. Not with Twins with Driving Permits. And I have discovered that I am a horrible "housewife". I feel like all I get "done" is laundry, but of course that really is endless. I do manage to mostly keep up with it.

A bright spot is my art. I have discovered that Colored Pencil is a media that I really, really like. It is very time consuming, but I seem to have the patience for it.

About a year ago I agreed to be Assistant Service Unit Director for the local Girl Scout SU. Then the SU Director Louise started calling me Co-SUD. Hmmm ... okay, but all I wanted was a supporting role. Now she tells me that she's informed Council that she will not be returning to the Service Unit role. Great. Now they'll expect me to step up.

Nope, can't do it. Won't do it. {sigh)

Chatham is now a dozen days away from his 20th birthday.

9 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Rabbit rabbit.

Just say NO!

BTW, everyone else knew about the housekeeping thing.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Don't get pushed into doing something you're reluctant to do.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger The Old Mule said...

art is *always* a bright spot! But then again, so is algebra III for some.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

Rabbit, Rabbit, my friend!

and aieeeee! aieeeee! i'm tellin' you, i can't imagine how you manage to do all you do NOW... take care of yourself! trust me, when you get to be my age (you're not there yet, but you will be one day, oh, yes, you will) you'll realize life is about SO MUCH more than takin' care of the kids and/or doing endless loads of laundry. sadly, i know this now, but since my kids won't leave home, i can't put my "knowledge" to any good use.

all this to say -- take time out for YOU. i promise, everything else will fall into place in a way that'll make perfect sense... eventually. ; ) xoxox neva

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Bet you anythign your twins would make "And one time...at band camp..." sound really interesting :)
A wonderufl June and Hase, Hase!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Rabbit, rabbit!

Yeah, just say no.

Glad the art thing is going well!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I agree with anybody who said "just say no". You got enough on your plate. AND WE LIKE YOU HERE!!!! Welcome back.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

No advice, but an invitation to be whiney.

Rabbit Rabbit!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Sounds like they will try to suck you in. Get ready for the guilt trip part.

You have a lot going on.

The hours cut back is just wrong. 4 hours a week? What is that crap? Why even show up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home